Target Refresh Beauty Box Unboxing

Target Refresh Beauty Box
 To celebrate the new year, Target released two limited edition beauty boxes packed with products to 'renew' or 'refresh' you and your beauty routine. After a quick glance at both boxes, I selected the Refresh box because it contained one of my all time favorite products, and another item I was excited to try. Both boxes cost just $7 (shipping included) and boasted a $30 value, so its no surprise that they sold out in just a few hours. My Target Refresh Beauty Box arrived this morning, several days ahead of schedule. Click through for a closer look at it's contents.

 My little black box was packed to the brim with products, all of them neatly enclosed in red tissue paper. Target really does a nice job packaging their beauty boxes. They're also kind enough to include a card that offers a snippet of info on each product, as well as a $3 coupon for their ever expanding beauty department.
 Simple Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes
Full Size - $6.99

My Thoughts:
The only full sized product in the Refresh Box, I'm very excited to try these wipes. I rarely like makeup remover wipes and I didn't really like Simple's Micellar Water, but I do like their other facial wipes - plus I've heard a ton of good stuff about these micellar wipes. 
 Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Pads 
Sample (5 pads) - $1.08
Full Size (60 pads) - $12.99

My Thoughts:
Nip+Fab's Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Pads are one of my all time favorite skincare products - they were the selling point for this box, at least for me. I gotta be honest..while I didn't expect a full size tub, I did anticipate a larger sample...like at least 10 pads, not 5. So I'm a little grumpy, but they're still good to have on hand. 
 John Frieda Frizz Ease KeraFlex Hair Spray
Travel Size (2 oz) - $2.60
Full Size (13 oz) - $9.99

My Thoughts:
I like little bottles of hairspray. I rarely use the stuff, and little 2 oz bottles like this can last me nearly a year. The John Frieda brand doesn't really appeal to me, not sure why, but it won't keep me from using this spray. 
 Nivea In Shower Body Lotion 
Deluxe Sample (80ml) - $1.20
Full Size (400ml) - $5.99

My Thoughts:
I've tried a few sample packets of Nivea's In Shower Body Lotion in the past and I liked it well enough - its great for shaving. I'm pretty pleased to have a larger bottle to work with.
 Scünci Everyday&Active Hair Bands
Deluxe Sample (2 Bands) - .97c
Full Size (6 Bands) - $2.87

My Thoughts;
I can always use new hair ties, and the braided style looks interesting. These hair ties feel pretty sturdy and stiff, so I think they're going to work well! 
 Acure Day Cream 
Deluxe Sample (30ml) - $10.20
Full Size (50ml) - $16.99

My Thoughts:
I was only recently introduced to Acure via my most recent Ipsy Bag, and so far I feel kinda neutral. I like the texture of this moisturizer and it smells nice, but it lacks SPF, so I'm not sure if I'll actually use it as a 'day cream'.
Marlowe Extra Moisturizing Body Lotion
Deluxe Sample (1 oz) -  .66c
Full Size (15 oz) - $10

My Thoughts:
I've never heard of this brand, and to be honest I'm not really interested in this sample, I've already passed it on to my mum, who gets desperate for lotions and creams in the winter. 
Clear Conditioner and 2-in-1 For Men
Deluxe Samples (1.7 oz each) - $1.33 Combined
Full Sizes (12.7 oz each) - $4.99 each

My Thoughts:
I'm a little confused here. The Refresh box was meant to contain a Clear Total Care Shampoo and Conditioner, but I got the conditioner, and a Men's 2-in-1 instead? I guess they ran out of shampoos. I'm not too fussed, because I am one of a small minority that hates Clear hair care (it strips my color badly!), so I'm going to be passing these on to someone else. 

Total Value of Target Refresh Beauty Box:
$25.03

Not quite the $30 value Target advertised, but not too far off either, according to my math. I didn't love this box, but I'm also not disappointed. I'm really excited to try the Simple Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes, and I'll get good use out of four or five of the other products. I do wish there were more Nip+Fab pads though. I'm already looking forward to Target's new Beauty Box.

Did you pick up a Refresh or Renew Box? What are your thoughts?




Disclosure:
This box was gifted to me. This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

1 comment