Out with the Old - January 2016 Empties




I've set a lofty goal for myself to finish a lot of products in 2016, and after finishing or tossing just thirteen products in January, I'm already disappointing myself. Most of this month's empties are well loved products that'll be sorely missed, but the ones I intend to repurchase, or already had a backup of will be marked with an asterisk (*). Click through for a look at my first empties post of the year. 

 It Cosmetics Hello Lashes Extensions Mascara
I had a love/hate relationship with this mascara. Hello Lashes Extensions needed time and patience to yield its best results, and I hated investing that much effort into my mascara..but the results were beautiful. I was sad to find my deluxe sample tube dried out, but I doubt I'll repurchase.

Pixi's Endless Silky Eye Pencils are my favorite pencil liners, and Black Cocoa was a beautiful, deep, rich brown that I reached for on a regular basis. I'm finishing off another brown pencil first, but I do hope to pick up a new Black Cocoa pencil in the future.

Bath&BodyWorks Island Margarita Pocket Bac*
Island Margarita is probably my favorite and most repurchased Pocket Bac, it smells delicious - like a lime-y, salty margarita. I want to drink something that tastes the way this hand sanitizer smells. I'll almost certainly pick up another one next time I end up in Bath&BodyWorks.

Benefit Sunbeam
Benefit's Sunbeam is a strong, golden liquid highlight that I use all the time in the summer. I've had this little sample size for ages, probably two and a half years, and it finally met it's end last week. If my highlighter drawer wasn't practically overflowing, this would be a repurchase, but I can't justify it right now.

Mark. Powder Brush
Mark.'s Powder Brush was my all time favorite blush brush, and I used it A LOT. A few months ago it started shedding, and I could feel it coming loose, but I was very surprised when the entire brush head just fell out in my hand during my last weekly brush wash. What a mess, and what a tragedy. This discontinued brush will be missed. 
 My Scented Home Sugar Cookie Candle
This candle was left behind by my old roommate Brian (shout out to long time readers that remember him!) when he moved out, and I would burn it from time to time. After a couple of years, its finally finished - seriously, this thing lasted like four years - and it did smell like sugar cookies, which was nice.

Hask Macadamia Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment*^
This deep conditioning mask is fantastic! It's highly moisturizing and it made my hair look smooth and amazing - and best of all it's super cheap, at just $3. I want to try all of Hask's treatment packets after using this one.

Pura D'Or Argan Oil Shampoo*^
I'm a bit heart broken that this shampoo is empty, especially because we didn't get a proper goodbye. This shampoo is probably my favorite ever, its effective, and this huge bottle lasted me nearly a year (Dean loved it too!). I turned this shampoo over to get the last bit out, and next time I checked on it, it had leaked out. I will buy this shampoo again as soon as I can. 
These toner pads were awful - irritating with a problematic formulation. I ended up tossing out the last four or five pads. Exuviance usually works well for me, but these toner pads were an utter fail.

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask 
It seems like everyone likes Laneige's Water Sleeping Mask, but not me. This overnight gel mask is hydrating, but it always gives me one or two vicious pimples. I wish this mask had worked for me, but honestly I'm glad that it's gone.

LaFresh Hello Lip Treat
I got this lip balm as an Ipsy Points reward and I loved it so much! Unfortunately, this peppermint flavored balm has been discontinued. 

This eye cream was only ok for me, it was very...standard, it didn't do much, but it did enough, if you feel me. I'm glad that this eye cream is gone honestly, it took me forever to finish and I got tired of it quickly.

Hey Honey Open Your Eyes Lifting Fluid
This isn't a true empty, but this eye serum is empty. I got Hey Honey's Open Your Eyes Lifting Fluid in my most recent Ipsy Bag, and it was busted at the open, spilled out everywhere. Ipsy was nice enough to send me a new one, which arrived intact! 




pr samples are marked with ^

Leave a Comment

  1. 13 products isn't bad! I'm trying to use up alot like you are and only have 11 empties :( I think February will be alot better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same, I already have an empty for this month! In January I only had three until the last week or so. Good luck on your quest to clear out your stash a bit.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...