January 2016 Ipsy Bag - All Eyes On You + Customer Service Kudos!

 My Ipsy Bag is finally here after a long wait! I received my shipping notice on January 11th, with a projected delivery date of January 15, but my bag didn't show up until today, the 19th. Where was it? Just chillin' in Hebron, Kentucky in the DHL warehouse for five days. Ipsy's shipping never ceases to annoy me! Aside from the minor shipping inconvenience, I have a lot of good stuff to say about this month's bag below.

For those that are unfamiliar with Ipsy, this is a monthly subscription service that sends you four to six customized beauty products in a new makeup bag for just $10 (shipping included!).

New Partnerships: Lasting Smiles, Hanalei, V-Lux by iEnvy, Dirty Little Secret Cosmetics, Peek Beauty, Burt's Bees, Promise Organic,

Repeat Partnerships: theBalm. Hikari, Jelly Pong Pong, Hey Honey, Pixi, J.Cat Beauty, Aveeno, Beau Gachis Paris, Crown Brush, Tre'StiQue. Marsk, Mitchell&Peach, Hada Labo, Skyn Iceland, Salon Perfect, Pur-Lisse, Tucker Ashley, Ofra, Klorane, Skone Cosmetics. Coastal Scents, City Color,

Click through to see what I got in my January Ipsy Bag.
 I'm torn on the bag this month! I hated it in every photo that I saw...but now that I have it, I kinda like it. I think it's the kind of print that you need to see in person to understand it's charm, because even in my photos I dislike it. This month's bag is a zip top canvas pouch - one side features a colorful,  mod, Warhol-esque print of a girl wearing large glasses and glancing to the left - very cute and bold. The opposite side of the bag is a plain medium blue. The neon yellow zipper and blue pull tab open to show a blue nylon lining.
 theBalm Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner in Jac B. Bronze
Full Size - $17

My Thoughts:
This month every Ipsy subscriber received a full size theBalm eyeliner, which is exciting - I welcome anything from theBalm! This pencil liner is smooth and soft, and the medium bronze shade is something I'll reach for often! 

The Claims:
We have a Mr. Write (Now) for every day of the week... and then some! Meet this new collection of attractive eyeliners that are truly easy on the eyes. These pencils deliver the long-lasting color you've been looking for, and have built-in sharpeners so they are always ready when you are. With high payoff, eight wearable shades, and a satin smooth texture, we understand why your eyes wander- but rest assured, your eyeliner won't!

The Offer:
20% off at thebalm.com with code IPSY20. exp 2/29/16
 Lasting Smiles Peppermint Creme Lip Balm 
Full Size - $3.99

My Thoughts:
I've never heard of Lasting Smiles Lip Balm before, but I'm glad they have because this brand supports an amazing cause! For every 1000 balms they sell, Last Smiles pays for corrective cleft palate surgery for a child in need. That's just grand really. This lip balm is available in a couple flavors, I received the flavor Peppermint Creme, which made me ayyy lmao. Giggles aside, this lip balm seems pretty nice. 

The Claims:
Lasting Smiles® lip balms are organic and fairtrade certified with pure and moisturizing ingredients sourced from small scale global farming cooperatives. Add a bit of freshness to your lips with natural peppermint oil and a dollop of vanilla creme for a smooth finish. With coconut oil, shea, and cocoa butter for soft hydrated and healthy lips.

No Offer. 
 Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl Mascara
Full Size - $21.95

My Thoughts:
I've heard a lot about Jelly Pong Pong recently, and I love trying new mascaras, so I'm excited to try Fairy Lashes Curl Mascara. The brush is a nice size as well - I think I'm going to like this!

The Claims:
Fairy Lashes CURL is a sculpting mascara that continually curls lashes throughout the day with a unique synthesis of Moringa Seed resin that holds the curl of lashes for long-lasting results. This mascara creates dramatic volume and intense definition, while allowing eyelashes to remain spectacularly soft and light at the same time.

The Offer:
20% off at jellypongpong.com with code IPSY20. exp 2/29/16
 Hey Honey Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid
Deluxe Sample (8ml) - $14.93
Full Size (15ml) - $28 

My Thoughts:
I don't have much to say other than that this eye serum arrived split open at the top of the tube and spilled everywhere. I contacted Ipsy Care and they got back to me in less than fifteen minutes, promising to send a replacement within a week! I was very impressed by the efficiency of the interaction! Great job Ipsy! From what I wiped out of the bag, this eye serum did feel like it had a nice texture. 

The Claims:
Wake up your eyes and minimize the appearance of fine lines in an instant with this super light firming gel. Open Your Eyes is designed to reduce puffiness, hydrate and tighten the skin around the eyes upon application for a visibly lifted effect.

The Offer:
Get 20% off at heyhoney.com with code HONEYIPSY. exp 2/29/16
 Hikari Cream Pigment - Mink
Full Size - $13 

My Thoughts:
I'm not a big fan of Hikari's products, but I do like this one! The Cream Pigments are a firmly pressed loose powder shadows like L'Oreal's Infallible Eyeshadows..don't let the name fool you, this is not a cream product - but it feels like one! The shade Mink is totally up my alley - a taupe-y bronze shade that'll pair well with the theBalm eyeliner! 

The Claims:
Bring elegance to your fingertips with this cream-to-powder eyeshadow. The color is highly pigmented and stays true to color all day long. It has a super lightweight feel and goes on extra smooth.

The Offer: 
30% off at hikaricosmetics.com with code Hikari30. exp 2/29/16 
GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment 
Deluxe Sample (10g) - $20.29
Full Size (34g) - $69

My Thoughts:
Ipsy has sent out so many GlamGlow products and I never got any of them, so when they offered the SuperMud Clearing Treatment for 500 Ipsy Points, I snatched it immediately! I will say that this deluxe sample is a little bit smaller than I expected, but its quite full so I should get at least 3-4 sessions out of it! 
                                                                 

Total Value of my January Ipsy Bag:
$91.16

A good start to the year, I have to say! I like all six products, and I don't mind the bag either. I'm equally impressed by the high value of my bag (9x what I paid for it!) and Ipsy's quick and friendly customer service. After three good bags in a row, I have very high hopes for February's bag! 

What did you get in your January Ipsy Bag?




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

1 comment