Wet n Wild I Moss Have It! + Pop-Up Bluetique Mega Last Nail Color Review+Swatches





Wet n Wild's Mega Last Nail Colors will give you "all the results of going to the nail salon but without the hassle. The driving, the sitting, the waiting, the forced small-talk, and especially the pricey manicurist bills? Forget it! Looking salon pampered just got easier! These 5 day chip-resistant nail polish formulas are just so darn great, they deliver a professional look that is far easier to get." The Mega Last Nail Colors are available in 18 permanent shade; but Wet n Wild also releases new, limited edition shades with most of their seasonal collections. Today I'm reviewing two shades from the Fall 2015 Here's to the Wild Ones Collection - Pop-Up Bluetique and I Moss Have It! These polishes are nearing the end of their run, so they may be a little difficult to track down (sorry I'm late!). Each Mega Last polish sells for around $2 at drugtores and major retailers. Wet n Wild is cruelty free. These nail polishes are made in China. 

 Wet n Wild's Mega Last Nail Colors come in chunky glass bottles with black plastic caps. The Wet n Wild logo and product name are printed on the front of the bottle; the shade name and number are printed on the back label, which peels up to reveal an ingredient list. A raised Wet n Wild logo is embossed on the sides of the bottle - a really nice touch that makes these lacquer look like they cost more than just a buck or two.
 I hate the Mega Last brush - its too big! Wet n Wild calls it the the "ManiCurve Pro Brush" and they claim that their lacquers will "drain down to the bristles equally and the rounded bristles hug your nail curves perfectly". This brush is long, flat, and wide, coming to a gently rounded tip. There isn't anything wrong with the brush - its actually pretty quality, but its far too large for my little baby hands. I have some itsy bitsy nails and this brush only fits my thumb nail!
This was my first time trying Wet n Wild's Mega Last Nail Color and I'm surprisingly pleased! These drugstore nail lacquers are on the thicker side, yet they apply pretty easily! Both shades go on streak free and are nearly opaque in one coat, but I add a second layer, mainly out of habit. The Mega Last Nail Colors dry at a sluggish pace, so they're easily smudged and dented (because I can't sit still for five minutes). I definitely recommend some drying drops (I like Essence Express Dry Drops) to help speed the drying process up.

 While I don't get 5 days of "chip resistant wear" from Wet n Wild's Mega Last nail polishes, they do wear pretty well on me - both Pop-Up Bluetique and I Moss Have It! last around three days with minimal chipping and no peeling. If that doesn't sound impressive, please do keep in mind that I'm lucky to keep most polishes on for 24 hours. These deep and shimmering nail enamels are easily removed and do not stain my nails. 
Pop-Up Bluetique is a beautiful, rich royal blue with a glossy, pearlised finish. This is a gorgeous winter shade with subtle but eye catching dimension. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on Pop-Up Bluetique, it should be pretty easy to dupe. By the way, I think this polish would pair beautifully with NYX Wicked Lippie in Sinful, if you're into matching your lips and nails...or you really like blue, like me! 
I Moss Have It! is an olive green with understated golden shimmer. This is one of those 'ugly pretty' shades that are so great for fall - I've been wearing it a lot! I Moss Have It! is very warm toned and it looks pretty bad on cool skin - I tried it on my mum and it was a mistake. This is definitely a unique shade worth hunting for. 
I Moss Have It! and Pop-Up Bluetique are great! I have no complaints about either shade - they're pigmented, they wear well, and they're beautiful. If you can find Wet n Wild's Here's to the Wild Ones! Collection, take your time and look the display over, there are a lot of interesting colors in this collection. I have a review for one of the five pan palettes coming up soon. I'm definitely going to be paying closer attention to Wet n Wild's limited edition Mega Last polish releases in the future. Thank you so much to the wonderful Ashley for sending me these gorgeous autumnal lacquers, I truly do love them! 



Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Adipic Acid/Fumaric Acid/Phthalic Acid/Tricyclodecane Dimethanol Copolymer, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Talc, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Yellow 5 Lake/CI 19140, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Red 6 Lake/CI 15850, Red 7 Lake/CI 15850, Red 30 Lake/CI 73360, Red 36/CI 12085, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090]

Disclosure:
These nail polishes were gifted to me. Thanks Ashley!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...