RIP Zeke




 I had my handsome kitty Zeke euthanised this morning. The loss was kind of unexpected, he was doing pretty well until Sunday, when he developed a severe limp and lost his appetite He had rapidly spreading cancer that would've been very difficult and expensive to treat - he needed at least one leg amputated, which seemed like too big of a change at 11 years old. I opted to have him put down before he suffered anymore.

Zeke was potentially the world's best cat - he was fat, fluffy, and very sweet. He loved everyone he met, human or animal and never stopped purring. Even as the vet was giving him the injections, he was purring and licking his fingers.

While I'm glad Zeke isn't suffering anymore, I'm a little bit shocked and very sad. I knew this was coming, I just didn't think it would be today. I'm probably going to take a couple days off from the blog, I'm sure yinz will understand. I included a couple more photos of Zeke below, if you want to click through and see pictures of him in happier times during the 3.5 years we spent together.

 With his brother, Oliver. 
 Laying with me while I worked on the blog. 
2004-2015

Leave a Comment

  1. I recently went through the same with my Beatrice. Sending all my love and positive vibes. Rip ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and sorry for your loss. <3

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful cat! I'm sure he was so happy for the 3.5 years of love you gave him.
    Take all the time you need, losing a pet is sooo hard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...