Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner Review




Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner Review
Pixi's Glow Tonic is maybe the most hyped up toner of all time - and for good reason! After at least a year of reading glowing reviews for this acid toner, I was finally about to pick up a bottle at Target, and it was love at first use! Pixi says their Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner "evens out skintone for a brighter, clearer complexion. Gently exfoliates to remove dead skin cells, revealing healthy, glowing skin. Skin texture looks and feels smoother. Clinically proven results." This fantastic and reasonably affordable acid toner is available in three sizes; 250ml ($29), 100ml ($15) and 15ml ($6). The 100ml bottle is sold in Target stores, but all three sizes are available for purchase on Pixi's website and in their London boutique. Pixi is cruelty free. This toner is made in the USA.

Glow Tonic comes in a transparent orange plastic bottle with a pastel green cap. A label wraps around the bottle; the Pixi logo and product name are printed on the front of the label. The back of the label offers a full ingredient list, product description, and a helpful reminder to apply sunscreen after using products that contain AHAs. Packaging is recyclable.

 This acid toner has a brilliantly balanced ingredient list! An effective chemical exfoliant in the form of 5% glycolic acid is countered by soothing aloe and glycerin, and enhanced by gentle skin stimulators like horse chestnut, witch hazel, red ginseng, and biotin. Fragrance does make an appearance on Glow Tonic's ingredient list, but its the very last ingredient, and makes up less than 1% of this toner's formula, so it shouldn't cause too much trouble. Glow Tonic is appropriate for all skin types. Oily skin will benefit from the pore refining witch hazel, while dry skin types will be hydrated by water, aloe, and glycerin. Everyone will benefit from this toner's high percentage of glycolic acid, which helps to clear pores and even out skin's tone and texture.

Pixi's Glow Tonic is a watery orange liquid that's meant to be swiped over the face on a saturated cotton round twice a day. This toner's orange tinge, caused by the inclusion of red ginseng, seems to temporarily tint my pale skin, but it fades away quickly. Glow Tonic will cause a very delicate tingle upon application and it may sting fresh acne a little - that's the glycolic acid at work! Don't let the fizzy sensation fool you, Glow Tonic is exceptionally gentle, I even swipe it across my lips to keep them freshly exfoliated - something I generally don't recommend when using most glycolic products. This toner is just that mild!

I've been using Pixi's Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner for nearly two months, and I never want to stop! This toner immediately brightened my skin. Within two weeks, Glow Tonic had softened my skin, and helped to even out the tone, plus I have fewer little bumps and whiteheads popping up here and there. While I can't give Glow Tonic 100% credit for improving my skin (shout out to Solvaderm Juvabrite Serum!), its definitely given me some visible results. I can certainly see a difference on days that I have and haven't used this miraculous acid toner.

Pixi's Glow Tonic is exactly as good as everyone says it is! I love this toner, and I'm so sad that I'm nearly out of it. I just purchased a different product from my toner wishlist, but its safe to say that I'll repurchase Glow Tonic in the future! Pixi is bringing a fairly large selection of skincare products to the US in early 2016 and if the rest of their Skin Treats line is anywhere near as good as Glow Tonic, I want the whole range! Almost everyone will benefit from Pixi's Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner in some way, and I highly recommend it. This stuff is worth all the hype and all the rave reviews. Go to Target right now and get a bottle.




Ingredients:
Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, Glycerin, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Biotin, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance.

Leave a Comment

  1. Would I also benefit from this product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da, definitely. We could share a bottle sometime. <3 #romance

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...