Pacifica Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash Review

Pacifica Kale Detox Cleanser
Pacifica's Sea Foam Complete Face Wash is one of my favorite cleansers, so I was really excited to see them release a new cleanser, the Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash, earlier this year. I scooped a tube up as soon as I could! I'm now nearing the end of this cleanser, and I still have very mixed feelings. Pacifica says "one of the best defenses against blemishes and breakouts is consistently clean skin. Fortified with super green phytonutrients including kale, seaweed and blue seakale along with tropical beneficials of mangosteen and coconut water, this formula is designed to deeply cleanse and remove makeup, toxins and impurities from the skin both day & night." The Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash contains 147ml (5 fl oz) and retails for $11 at Target and Ulta. Like all of Pacifica's products, this cleanser is cruelty free, vegan, and made in the USA.

Pacifica's Kale Detox Deep Cleansing Face Wash comes in an acid green squeeze tube with a white flip top cap. The front of the tube features the Pacifica logo, product name, and a colorful and abstract lotus design. The back of the tube offers a product description and full ingredient list. Packaging is very attractive, I love seeing it sitting by my bathroom sink - but I do have a complaint - occasionally, this cleanser leaks a little. Packaging is recyclable.

This cleanser's formula is pretty underwhelming, if I'm honest. The Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash has a water and glycerin base, with gentle, coconut derived surfactants. Nice enough, but all of the ingredients that Pacifica boasts about don't really...do anything. This cleanser contains two types of clay - bentonite and kaolin - which are excellent for oil absorption, but I find it doubtful that they can work their magic in liquid form. On top of that, the kale in the Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash has no proven topical benefits. Anti-oxidant rich mangosteen makes an appearance on the ingredient list, along with a couple of vitamins in a very low concentration. But lets be real here, even if this cleanser's more unique ingredients had benefits, they'd be in contact with the skin so briefly that they couldn't really take effect. I also need to mention that natural fragrance is the last ingredient, but it shouldn't be much of a problem, but it does give this product a very green, vegetable scent that I don't enjoy - luckily its pretty faint and does not linger on the skin.

The Kale Detox Deep Cleansing Face Wash is a thin, light green gel. Because of it's slightly runny consistency, I recommend using this cleanser with a konjac sponge or Clarisonic for maximum effect. Cleansing tool or not, Pacifica's Kale Detox Cleanser works into a light lather that's easily rinsed off. This sulfate free face wash is pretty mild and not at all drying - surprising for a product recommended for oily skin! Unfortunately, that's all I have to say about this facial cleanser - nothing else about it "wows" me. Unlike it's sister, the Sea Foam Complete Face Wash, the Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash can't remove even light makeup, so I reserve this product for a morning cleanse or second cleanser at night, post makeup removal. I can't say that I've seen any improvement in my skin after nearly three months of use. The Kale Detox cleanser doesn't help to control oil or prevent acne as the bottle implies - it simply keeps my skin clean without stripping it.

Pacifica's Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash is nothing special, both in formulation and in function. This foaming cleanser is gentle and non irritating, but that's about it. If you're hoping to reap the benefits of Vitamin K rich kale, eat some, it'll nourish your skin, and your blood vessels, plus it's delicious (in my opinion). You're much better off buying Pacifica's Sea Foam cleanser instead, you'll get much more out of it - I recently repurchased it to replace my nearly empty Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash. Skip this product, Pacifica has much better offerings.




Ingredients:
agua, glycerin, xanthan gum, bentonite clay, kaolin, cocos nucifera (coconut) water, sodium lauryl glusose carboxylate, lauryl glucosie, decyl glucoside, sodium cocoyl glutamate, dicapglyceryl oleate, brassica oleracea, acephala (kale) extract, crambe maritima leaf (blue seakale) extract, garcinia mangostana (mangosteen) extract, phenoxyethanol, panthenol (vitamin B), tocopheryl (vitamin e), citric acid, parfum (all natural)

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. 

1 comment