Out with the Old - December 2015 Empties




 This year hasn't been my best for empties - I finished less than a dozen products again this month. I'm really letting myself down! I aim to finish half of the products in my collection in 2016, but I have serious doubt in myself. Anyway, here is my final empties post for 2015. As always, the products I had a backup of or plan to buy again will be marked with an asterisk (*). Click through!

Pacifica's Kale Detox Cleanser was a let down for me - it wasn't a bad product, it just wasn't as good as I hoped. This cleanser was gentle, but not particularly effective. I used it up, but wouldn't buy it again - I replaced it with Pacifica's Sea Foam Cleanser, which is much better.

Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner*
This gentle acid toner is incredible! It seems like every blogger out there is singing it's praises, and for good reason - it really improves the skin quickly. I can't wait to buy another bottle, but I have other toners to finish first.

This pricey eye cream was good, but nothing to rave about. I was surprised to finish it so quickly, eye creams usually last me half a year or longer, but Eyevage only lasted me four months, if that.

Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Serum
This sample packet came in a magazine, and was the first Chanel product I ever tried. The texture of this hydrating serum was nice, but I didn't notice anything special about it.

Dior One Essential Skin Detoxifying Booster Serum
A Dior rep gave me this detoxifying serum sample and told me that it would break me out....and it did. Immediately, pimples everywhere...and then they cleared, and my skin looks fantastic! Better than it has in a long time! This little sample lasted me about 10 days, long enough for it to get something done. 

I really liked this brightening serum. The texture was excellent and it did help reduce my acne scarring over the four months that I used it. The ingredient list is very impressive, worth splurging on.
 Bath&BodyWorks Paris Amour Shower Gel
I like Bath&BodyWorks Shower Gels a lot, and Paris Amour is one of my all time favorite scents. I'll surely end up with another bottle in the future. 

I wasn't impressed by this luxury body scrub. I hate the scent of lavender, and this scrub was ineffective and often left me feeling itchy. I'm glad this product is finally empty!

Bath&BodyWorks Twisted Peppermint Body Lotion
Twisted Peppermint is a classic for a reason - it smells so wintery and delicious, plus it feels tingly and cool. I'll miss this lotion, mostly for the packaging - how cute is that little raccoon? I love him! 
This eye primer lasted me ages - it isn't even truly empty, but after a year and a half it was starting to go off some. I already had another tube in my backup stash, so I've cracked into it. While I love the high end eye primers I've tried, I have no reason to buy any because the NYX HD Eyeshadow Base just works so well for me.

Covergirl The Supersizer Mascara^*
Covergirl's mascaras are my favorite, and I was very impressed with The Super Sizer mascara, which gave me massive lashes very quickly. I will probably switch back and forth between this and my all time favorite Clump Crusher. 

Tell me about your December Empties. 


pr samples are marked with ^

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...