December 2015 Ipsy Bag - With Love from Ipsy




 My Ipsy Bag is finally here, and its my latest one yet, arriving a full week later than it usually does. I chalk it up to holiday shipping madness, but I was truly worried it wasn't coming - I didn't even get a shipping notice until the 19th! This bag was worth the wait, I'm extremely pleased with it's contents. Before I move on, let me fill you in on Ipsy. This is a monthly subscription that sends you four to six beauty products tucked into a new makeup bag for just $10 - and the shipping is free!

This month Ipsy partnered with 31 brands!

New Partnerships: Peony Cosmetics, Clarks Botanics, Caudalie, Aveeno, Margaret Dabbs, Ricky's NYC, Measurable Difference, CoSTUME NATIONAL,

Repeat Partnerships: Acure, Pacifica, Elizabeth Mott, Jersey Shore Sun, Be a Bombshell, Jesse's Girl, Glamour Dolls, Crown Brush, Lather, Ardell, Beau Gachis, Peter Lamas, Briogeo, Klorane, ModelCo, Skinn Cosmetics, BeFine Food Skincare, Benefit. It Cosmetics, Marc Anthony, Formula X, Tarte, Swissco,

Click through for a closer look at what came in my December Ipsy Bag.

 I love this month's bag! A rounded, red quilted, vinyl bag with a matching lining. The arching red zipper has a cute lip-shaped pull with the Ipsy logo embossed on it. This is one of my favorite bags, I'll definitely be keeping and using this one.
 Em Cosmetic Shade Play Palette in Dublin Khakis
Full Size - $28

My Thoughts:
I was very surprised to find this six pan palette in the bright pink mailer - apparently its a special gift for being a long-time Ipsy Subscriber. This month marks this service's 4 year anniversary, and I've been subscribed for nearly the entire time. This was a very nice touch, and something I'll try out. I loved the Em eyeliner that I received a few years ago, so I'm hoping the Dublin Khakis palette will be just as good. 
 Acure Cell Stimulating Facial Mask 
Travel Size (30ml) - $7.79
Full Size (50ml) $12.99

My Thoughts:
I've heard a lot of good stuff about Acure products from several of my favorite bloggers and YouTubers, so I'm excited to try this green clay mask. I enjoy trying new masks, and this sample is pretty generously sized, so I'll be able to get a good feel of it.

The Thoughts:
Work over your cells for a true synergy of cell revitalization with argan stem cell + sweet iris stem cell and chlorella growth factor to regenerate, firm and soften. French green clay draws out impurities while Moroccan argan oil, CoQ10 and sea buckthorn oil provide moisture. Talk about some serious cell repair!

The Offer:
20% off + Free Shipping at acureorganics.com with code IPSYDEC2015. exp 1/31/16
 Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eyeshadow Primer
Deluxe Sample (5g) - $10
Full Size (10g) - $20 

My Thoughts:
I love eye primers, and I love Drake references, so I'm down to try the Thank Me Later Eyeshadow Primer. The texture of this primer is very silky, yet not greasy - it seems promising! Most Elizabeth Mott products are, I think this brand has yet to disappoint me. 

The Claims:
This silky blend dries transparent and preps your lids for a smooth and even application. Your favorite eye shadows will intensely come to life. But most importantly, it protects your eye makeup all day, so you can get back to the important things in life (cat videos, selfies, and your roommate’s last piece of chocolate).

The Offer:
30% off at elizabethmott.com with code THANKIPSY. exp 1/31/16
 Peony Cosmetics Gilded Eyeshadow Trio 
Full Size - $17.95

My Thoughts:
This tiny trio is really nice! All three of these wearable eyeshadows are soft and pigmented, and the compact packaging is super cute.

The Claims:
A highly pigmented palette of three deep, after-dark shades in a nourishing, natural base that keeps it blendable & velvety smooth. These wearable shadows are formulated with silicon-coated micronized pigments & healthy kaolin clay for a seamless, silky texture that lasts up to 8 hours.

The Offer:
20% off at peonycosmetics.com with code IPSY20. exp 1/31/16
Jersey Shore Spa Vanilla Bean Lip&Hand Polish
Full Size - $25

My Thoughts:
I'm actually really excited for this brown sugar based lip scrub! I tried it already and it smells and tastes delicious, though I need to work with it to get the consistency right - it separated in the tube, but with a bit of work I should be able to mix it back together. 

The Claims:
This polish exfoliates dead flaky skin, leaving new skin refined and hydrated. Lips and hands feel silky, smooth, nourished and hydrated. Formulated using the best quality, all natural ingredients. Made with all natural brown sugar, vanilla bean extract, anti-aging vitamin E and nutrient dense jojoba oil, shea butter and plant extracts.

The Offer:
50% off at jerseyshoresun.com with code ipsy 50. exp 1/31/16
Pacifica Power of Love Lipstick in Nudie Red
Full Size - $9.99

My Thoughts:
I've been pretty disappointed by Pacifica's makeup in the past, and I remain unconvinced by this lipstick, which is a bit sheer and kinda waxy, plus Nudie Red is the exact color my lips, so its hard to really see it. I do like the sleek, cute packaging though. I'll test this natural lipstick, and hope to grow to like it. 

The Claims:
Amazingly creamy, highly-pigmented, and naturally moisturizing – this lipstick is packed with all the vitamins and antioxidants your lips crave. Made with coconut oil, shea butter, and vitamin E. 100% Vegan & Cruelty-Free.

The Offer:
20% off at pacificabeauty.com with code poweroflove. exp 1/31/16
First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser
Travel Size (1 oz) - $5.37
Full Size (4.7 oz) - $24

My Thoughts:
I redeemed some IpsyPoints for this travel size cleanser for two reasons - I love trying new cleansers, and I'm desperate to try more from First Aid Beauty! I looked forward to receiving the Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser all month, its probably the product I'm most excited for!
                                                                                               

Total Value of my December 2015 Ipsy Bag:
$104.10!! 

I've never had such a high-value bag before! I got 10x the value of what I paid for, and I like everything, including the bag its self. Ipsy really knows how to cap off a year! I was planning on calling it quits after this month, but I can't help but stay subbed after such a good bag. 

Also, I picked up my first Ipsy Offer!
Ipsy was offering two mini Pacifica Body Butters for just $7 (shipping included), so I snatched them up. I was already planning on buying a tube of the Indian Coconut Nectar Body Butter for my mum as a Christmas gift (its one of her all time favorites). The Sugared Amber Dreams Body Butter will be going in a little gift basket for my boss. Talk about easy holiday shopping!



What did you get in your December Ipsy Bag?




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. I think the Em Cosmetics palette was so nice as a thank you gift! I can't believe Ipsy has been around for 4 years already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and it was a really nice surprise - I didn't know it was a thing until I saw it in your post! I know right, it seems so weird, I remember the hype and huge waiting lists! I signed up in March 2011 and didn't get a bag til June. It seems so long ago.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...