Ipsy November 2015 Bag - Beauty Blast

 My Ipsy Bag arrived today, a day before it was due in! Once again, its a mixed bag for me, but for the most part I'm pleased. Before I move on to what arrived in my bag, let me give you a little info on Ipsy. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that sends you a new makeup bag filled with 4-6 beauty products for just $10/month - shipping included!

This month, Ipsy partnered with three dozen brands, lots of them were new exciting new partnerships, including ColourPop, Bdellium Tools, and Sinful Colors!

New Partnerships:
Beaute Basics, SLMissGlam, Dermelect, Sinful Colors, Fran Wilson, Skin Inc, Borghese, Sigma, Pantene, INSPR Beauty, Tucker Ashley, Novex Hair Care, ColourPop, Bdellium Tools,

Repeat Partnerships:
Smashbox, Figs&Rouge, Josie Maran, Jesse's Girl, Be a Bombshell, Luxie Beauty, China Glaze, Mai Couture, TreStiQue, Crown Brush, Jelly Pong Pong, Albertini, Freeman, Aromachology, Absolute, Benefit, Hey Honey, Coolway, LeeAni Eco, ModelCo, Demeter, J.Cat Beauty

Click through to take a look at what came in my November Ipsy Bag.

 I really love this bag! I think it may be one of my favorite bags in Ipsy history...actually scratch that, its definitely my all time favorite! (Sorry July 2012). This canvas pouch features a lively cosmic print on front and back. A purple front zipper opens to reveal a purple nylon lining. A great bag, definitely one I'll hold on to. My only complaint is that everything that arrived in my bag was a little dirty? Not filthy, just everything had some white fuzz on it - it wiped right off, but unfortunately I hadn't noticed it before I took my photos. Sorry D:
 Figs&Rouge Avance Mattifying Emulsion
Deluxe Sample (15ml) - $18.60
Full Size (30ml) - $37.20

My Thoughts:
I love a good primer, so I'm excited to try this Mattifying Emulsion. The texture is a little strange, but that won't keep me from giving it a good try. I really liked the Figs&Rouge hand cream I tried last year, so I have high hopes for their new Mattifying Emulsion. 

The Claims:
Figs & Rouge Mattifying Emulsion & Pore refiner provides sheer matte coverage for daily shine control. Developed with a clinically proven formula, it helps diminish blemishes & outbreaks with regular daily use.

The Offer:
Gift with Purchase on any $20 Figs&Rouge Purchase on FeelUnique with code IPSYFIGSANDROUGE. exp. 12/31/15 

 Dermelect Peptide Infused Nail Lacquer in Commando 
Full Size - $14 

My Thoughts:
I pulled this nail polish out of the bag and was a little bit disappointed - Commando is so ugly in the bottle! After swatching this polish on a nail wheel, I like it much better! This is a rosy brown lacquer with great pigmentation - fully opaque in just one coat! I'm looking forward to using Dermelect's nail lacquer, its a great late fall color. 

The Claims:
The ‘Cure’ in your ‘Mani’ is at your fingertips with the 1st peptide-infused color treatment for fragile, weak nails. Aptly named ME, Dermelect Cosmeceuticals formulated a 2-in-1 range of beautiful shades coupled with a remarkable manicure extending formula. Infused with a hydrolyzed keratin peptide, a pure protein extracted from New Zealand sheep’s wool, the professional lacquers deliver a fast drying, high gloss shine while providing an unequaled level of strength for stubborn nails to grow longer and more resistant to chipping, peeling and splitting.

The Offer:
Get 20% off at Dermelect.com with code IPSY. exp 12/31/15

 SLMissGlam Blusher Brush
Full Size - $14.50

My Thoughts:
This appears to be a branded brush sold by some YouTuber I've never heard of, so I figured it'd be shit. Turns out, this extra girly, rhinestone adorned brush is actually really soft! I like it! 

The Claims:
This pink, girly and glam blush brush is very soft and luxurious. It's made with synthetic hairs and is cruelty free.

The Offer:
Get 20% off slmissglambeauty.com with code SLIPSY. exp 12/31/15

 Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
Travel Size - $9
Full Size - $20

My Thoughts:
This is the first mascara I've gotten from Ipsy this whole year! Dang! Anyway, I'm glad to try Smashbox's Full Exposure Mascara, I've heard some good stuff about it, and the brush looks promising - its very similar to Benefit's Bad Gal Lash brush. 

The Claims:
Inspired by the on-set technique of layering a lengthening fiber mascara over a volumizing formula, this new studio-tested mascara exposes your longest, fullest lashes. No clumps, no flakes. Just maximum-impact, scene-stealing lashes.

No Offer

 Beaute Basics Navy Gel Eyeliner+Brush 
Full Size - $9.99

My Thoughts:
I hate when Ipsy sends out these mass produced, relabeled products. This pigmented blue gel liner and brush are nice enough, but I'd rather get a product from someone more...reputable. 

The Claims:
This gel liner delivers bold color that lasts. Whether you want a perfectly defined line or a smokey eye, this amazing formula blends easily and won't fade or crease.

The Offer:
60% off at BeauteBasics.com with code BBIPSY60. exp 12/31/15


Total Value of my November Ipsy Bag:
$66.09

Not bad at all! I like 4 of the products I received, and I adore the bag! That being said, I'm a little annoyed about the gel eyeliner. I truly hate when Ipsy sends out products that are mass produced in China and have a brand label just slapped on it...and if they're going to do that, at least send Coastal Scents instead of an unheard of brand. I'm just not down with it. You can't send some people unique products from ColourPop, Josie Maran, and Borghese, and send others two rebranded products. I'll stick with Ipsy til I use up all my points, but I'm probably going to switch to Sephora or Macy's $10 sub boxes sooner or later.


What did you get in your November Ipsy Bag?




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

1 comment