Simple Cleansing Micellar Water Review




Simple says "our micellar water is a perfect blend of multi-vitamins, skin loving ingredients, and gentle cleansers to cleanse skin while removing makeup. Skin is left feeling clean&hydrated." Simple's Cleansing Micellar Water, one of the first of it's kind to arrive in American drugstores, contains 6.7 fl oz (198ml) and sells for around $8. Simple products do not contain any animal derived ingredients, but that doesn't make them vegan friendly - their parent company, Unilever, is not cruelty free. This micellar water is made in the USA.

Simple's Cleansing Micellar Water comes in a clear plastic bottle with a bright green cap. The front label bears the product name and Simple logo, the back label offers a description, a diagram demonstrating how to use micellar water, as well as an ingredient list. I can't say that I love the packaging, this cleansing water pours out too easily. you don't even have to squeeze the bottle, it just flows freely, making the packaging kinda wasteful and accident prone. Packaging is recyclable.

Last year Garnier' Micellar Water changed my life - I never want to be without it, but unfortunately it isn't sold here in the states, so I need to find a comparable product. I was really excited to try Simple's Cleansing Micellar Water because I thought it'd be exactly what I was looking for...but it isn't. As always with Simple products, I'm left feeling underwhelmed.

Micellar waters are great, you just pour some on a cotton round and swipe your makeup right off, right? Not with Simple's Cleansing Micellar Water! This cleansing water will wipe away your face products and light eyeshadow, no problem, but when it comes to eyeliner, mascara, lip products, and darker eyeshadows...good luck lol. You'll really have to rub and scrub to remove your eye makeup, and even then, you'll still probably still have some remnants - I often have to get right up in there with a q-tip, soaked in a better, move effective makeup remover.

What truly sucks about Simple's Cleansing Micellar Water is that it isn't very gentle. This stuff is fine on the skin, it isn't drying or irritating, at least on my normal skin, but oh wow, does it burn if it comes in contact with your eyeball! Its terrible! And considering that this is a makeup remover, its a pretty likely occurrence. As with any micellar water, you don't have to rinse your face after using it, but really you should be cleansing your skin after removing your makeup. I can't stress it enough that this, and all micellar waters, are makeup removers and not cleansers.

Simple's Cleansing Micellar Water is a disappointment in my book - its not very effective, and it has the potential to be irritating to the eyes. I've used about three quarters of my bottle, so I'll finish Simple's Cleansing Micellar Water, but really I'm excited to get back to the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, its leaps and bounds better. I do not recommend this product, especially if you already have a cleansing water that you like.



Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Hexylene Glycol,Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) FlowerExtract, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Sodium AscorbylPhosphate, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, DmdmHydantoin, Cetrimonium Chloride, TetrasodiumEdta, Citric Acid, Potassium Chloride, SodiumChloride, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.


Disclosure:
This product was sent me by freebeautyevents.com in exchange for promoting their website.

Leave a Comment

  1. Thanks for saving me from buying it! In Canada there's another drugstore one that's available..Olay maybe? I'll let you know if it's any good once I pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's one by L'Oreal for sale in Canada. I haven't heard of one from Olay, but I bet its good, their stuff always works well for me. Do let me know about it though!

      Delete
    2. You're right, I think it was L'Oreal -- I checked today. They actually have 2: a water and a Gelee!

      Delete
    3. Oh a gelee sounds really interesting!

      Delete
    4. yeah! I was out of money in the budget last week, but I'll pick it up this week. I'm getting low on my Bioderma, so it'd be nice to find a cheaper replacement before it's gone.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...