October 2015 Ipsy Bag - Alter Ego




My October Ipsy Bag just arrived, and its a mixed bag, both in terms of products, and how I feel about it. Shipping was nice and fast this month, I was meant to get my bag on the 11th, but it just arrived today, the 13th - things got kinda messed up with the "holiday" yesterday. Anyway, enough about that. Before we dive in to the products, let me explain Ipsy to those that aren't familiar with the service - this is a monthly beauty subscription that'll send you 4-6 products in a new bag each month, for jut $10 (free shipping!).

This month Ipsy partnered with 31 brands! Most of them are repeats, but the new partnerships are really exciting! I mean, Laura Geller!

New Partnerships: Touch in Sol, Laura Geller, KBShimmer, Royal&Langnickel, IT Hair Care, Girlactik Beauty, Dose

Repeat Partnerships: theBalm. Nourish Organic, Tarte, Ayres, Coastal Scents, Mica Beauty, Aurora, Pur-Lisse, Vasanti, Dr. Brandt, Lavanilla, Beauty without Cruelty, Aromachology, Skone Cosmetics, Avene, Crown Brush, Hey Honey, It Cosmetics, Be Delectable, Eva NYC, Peter Lamas, LeeAni Eco, Balanced Guru, Emite,

Click through to see what came in my October Ipsy Bag.

 This month's theme, Alter Ego, is definitely represented by the bag! This square shaped, zip top pouch is a textured metallic gold on one side, and a shiny black vinyl on the back. The black zipper opens to reveal a black lining. Not my favorite bag, but very Pittsburgh appropriate, I have to say. This bag smells a little off, kinda like glue? I'm sure it'll air out.
 Nourish Organic Argan Face Serum
Deluxe Sample (14ml) - $16.79
Full Size (20ml) - $23.99

My Thoughts:
Eh. I've gotten a couple products from Nourish Organic in Ipsy Bags and I haven't liked any of them, so I'm not feeling hopeful for this serum. I also hesitate to call this a "serum" because it feels like a straight up oil. Actually, I just checked the ingredient list and its an oil blend, not a serum. Either way, I'll definitely give this product a try. 

The Claims:
This highly concentrated face treatment is designed to deeply hydrate and reveal smoother, softer and more supple skin with improved tone. Moroccan argan oil, packed with restorative omega fatty acids, intensely hydrates and replenishes. Apricot kernel oil moisturizes and softens skin while helping retain clarity. Rosehip oil smoothes skin texture and helps even out tone.

The Offer:
Get 30% off an order from nourishorganic.com with code IPSYFACE30. exp 11/30/15
 theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter
Sample (.5 gram) - $1.41
Full Size (8.5 grams) - $24

My Thoughts:
I was so excited when I saw the spoiler that said everyone would receive a theBalm sample this month and I would've been happy with either product but I'm delighted that I got a tiny Mary-Lou Manizer! I love highlighters, and I've heard that this is one of the best ones out there. I wish the sample was a little larger, because it'll be hard to get a large enough brush into such a small pan. 


The Claims:
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.

The Offer:
Get 20% off at thebalm.com with code IPSY20. exp 11/30/15

 Tarte Energy Lip Surgence Skintuitive Lip Gloss
Sample (1.5ml) - $2.22
Full Size (8ml) - $19

My Thoughts:
I haven't tried much from Tarte, but I like pretty much everything that I have sampled. The Lip Surgence Skntuitive gloss is the first Tarte lip product I've used, and I'm not too thrilled about it actually? Like the texture of it is a little bit unpleasant to me. It figures, I was really disappointed that I didn't get this gloss last time it was sent out. 

The Claims:
Infused with pH-adjusting skintuitive™ technology, this sophisticated glossy lip formula is infused with rich antioxidants to help smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while delivering intense hydration and your own custom, complexion-enhancing shade of pink.

No Offer

 Ayres Pampas Sunrise Hand Cream
Deluxe Sample (20ml) - $6.25
Full Size (40ml) - $12.50

My Thoughts:
I hate when Ipsy sends me hand creams, and I hate the way this one in particular smells - its too spicy and strong for me. Packaging is really cute, but this product isn't for me. 

The Claims:
This ultra-rich, luxurious hand cream is enriched with shea butter, plant emollients and herbal extracts that deeply moisturize dry skin. Formulated with fast absorbing lightweight oils, it penetrates quickly to leave behind smooth, non-greasy, supple skin with improved elasticity. Lemongrass, mandarin, bergamot, patchouli and spearmint will awaken your senses, while an exotic background of cedar wood releases a musky scent.

The Offer:
25% off + free shipping over $40 on ayresbeauty.com with code IPSY25. exp 11/30/15

 Coastal Scents Xpress Line Eyeliner in Black 
Full Size - $2.95

My Thoughts:
Eh, its a basic black pencil liner. Nothing exciting. This was the only full size product in my bag this month. Upon first swatch, I am very unimpressed by this dry, soft black eyeliner.

The Claims:
Xpress Line pencils are for anywhere you want xtra color, xpressive highlights, and xact definition.

The Offer:
Get 25% off at coastalscents.com with code pencil25off. exp 11/30/15
Total Value of my October Ipsy Bag:
$29.62

This was an alright bag - good products, but I wish some of the samples were a little larger and the value was higher. I'll try everything, except the hand cream. One sniff and I knew that was a no-go for me. I may be canceling Ipsy quite soon, and I'm hoping for a better bag next month.

What did you get in your October Ipsy Bag?




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. Lucky you for getting yours so early! Mine was supposed to be here this Friday, now the date was changed to Saturday -_- I did the sneak peek with mine, and I'm pretty happy! theBalm product I'm supposed to get is the liquid lipstick, and also the it Cosmetics Mascara. I've never tried it before so I'm excited! Sorry yours wasn't so impressive :/ I might be cancelling mine soon too unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous of the It Cosmetics Mascara! I'll miss Ipsy, but I don't think I can afford it much longer =(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...