Lush Don't Look at Me Fresh Face Mask Review




 Lush says "Well hello, don't be shy! Smooth on this vivid blue mask and you'll want to show anyone and everyone your vibrant complexion. Ground rice gently scrubs away dry skin, murumuru butter moisturizes, and zingy lemon juice tones. And if that wasn't enough, we've added organic silken tofu to soften you up in all the right ways. The stunning results will have you coming back for more of this scrubby, softening skincare goodness." Don't Look at Me is one of the three new additions to Lush's Fresh Face Mask line, which are available in store only. This mask contains 60 grams (2 oz) of product, which is pretty generous for a two week supply; Don't Look at Me sells for $10.95 - I got my pot for free when I turned in some empty black pots. Lush is cruelty free, and most of their products, including this mask, are vegan.

Fresh Face Masks come in Lush's instantly recognizable black pots. The product name and a brief description can be found on a label on the lid. A full ingredient list can be found on the bottom of this stout little tub. Lush's black pots are recyclable, either through your local municipal program, or you can return them to Lush stores - when you exchange five empty black pots, you can choose a Fresh Face Mask for free.
Don't Look at Me is a beautiful, bright blue clay based mask. Looking at it in the pot, I thought Don't Look at Me was going to be creamy, but this dense mask is actually pretty gritty, similar to Ocean Salt in texture. This mask applies easily and evenly; you're meant to leave it on for 5-10 minutes, but because this clay mask never becomes dry, stiff, and crumbly you can leave it on for as long as you damn well please. I usually put Don't Look at Me on before I do my evening chores, and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. This mask rinses off effortlessly, and provides a moderate physical exfoliation while you work at it - it may be a bit harsh for sensitive and easily irritated skin, but I think most will enjoy the effect of the soft ground rice. Oh, and by the way, this bright blue mask won't stain even the whitest of towels!
Don't Look at Me yields fantastic results; it leaves my skin looking and feeling great! This mask feels invigorating and a little tingly upon application, but that may just be because its cold - remember to keep your Fresh Face Masks in the fridge to prevent spoilage. Don't Look at Me gives me a soft, smooth, and almost bouncy complexion, all while brightening the skin and temporarily toning down redness. Like any clay based mask, Don't Look at Me will absorb some excess oil, but I don't find it to be drying and stripping - quite the opposite. You'll definitely feel the softening and hydrating effects of the murumuru butter!

An important thing to note is that Don't Look at Me contains a significant amount of lemon juice - its the fourth ingredient. Lemon juice isn't great for your skin, especially if its sensitive..and if you have acne or other facial boo boos that are trying to heal this mask will burn. Lemon juice is also photo-reactive and can increase your skin' sensitivity to the sun - be sure to apply SPF after using Don't Look at Me. All that lemon juice gives this mask a zesty citrus scent that starts off kinda bitter, but gets sweeter as it sits on the skin.
Lush's Don't Look at Me Fresh Face Mask is such a fun and effective product! This clay mask does a little bit of everything - absorbs oil, exfoliates, brightens, and softens - plus its just fun to wear, I mean look at it, it's BLUE. Don't Look at Me will work for most people; though I don't recommend it for sensitive skins. I've just finished Don't Look at me, I have the very end of it on right now (I got about 10 masks out of this 2 oz pot), and I'm going to miss it! I hope to repurchase this mask in the future, but there are so many other Fresh Face Masks that I need to try first - Cup o Coffee calls to me! Anyway, I think Lush's Don't Look at Me mask is awesome, pick it up as soon as you can! 


Ingredients:
Glycerine, Kaolin Clay, Water, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Silken Tofu, Rice Syrup, Ground White Rice, Rice Milk, Murumuru Butter, Betone, Grapefruit  Oil, Neroli Oil, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Farnesol, Fragrance, Blue 1

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...