YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer Review




YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer Review
Yves Saint Laurent, or YSL's new Touche Eclat Blur Primer "preps skin for foundation application, creating an improved, refined appearance; pores seem to be minimized, skin texture feels smoother, and skintone is more even. It's enriched with four nourishing oils - corn oil, apricot kernel oil, passiflora oil, and rice bran oil - to leave skin feeling incredibly soft without a greasy residue. Packed with blur technology, this universal primer provides a subtle, golden shimmer for ultimate luminosity." The YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer contains 30ml (1 fl oz) and retails for $52 at Sephora. I was lucky enough this primer from Influenster. Unfortunately, YSL products are not cruelty free. This face primer was made in France.

YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer Review
 I've always been drawn to YSL's beautiful and luxurious packaging - I really admire this designer brand's gold accented aesthetic. The Touche Eclat Blur Primer comes in a mirrored gold box that offers plenty of product information and an ingredient list. The primer it's self is housed in a clear plastic bottle, topped with a gold cap. The bottle bears the product name and YSL logo in black lettering. The full sized Touche Eclat Blur Primer has a pump dispenser, but my deluxe sample has a spatula style applicator. Packaging is recyclable.
YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer  Review
YSL's Touche Eclat Blur Primer is a little different from any other primer that I've tried. The consistency is unique - it feels like a hybrid of a silicone based primer and a serum. This primer is slick and a little heavy at first, but then it sinks in, leaving my skin feeling soft and a little more hydrated with no greasy residue. The Touche Eclat Blur Primer barely diminishes the appearance of pores, fine lines, and other textural problems on the skin - the "Blur" aspect of the name isn't very applicable. On the other hand, "Eclat" fits the bill! This primer is loaded with extremely fine gold shimmer that adds a subtle luminosity to the complexion; occasionally you'll notice a golden fleck here or there, but generally speaking the shimmer isn't visible, so you don't have to worry about having a sparkly face. This primer has some slip to it, so it helps foundations blend effortlessly - I particularly like pairing the Touche Eclat Blur Primer with drier foundations like Maybelline's Dream Wonder Fluid Touch. Though this primer aids in application, I can't say it does much of anything for my foundation's wear. The Touche Eclat Blur Primer smells divine, it reminds me of an old Avon Naturals scent that I loved called Wild Orchid - its soft and floral...I'm just not sure why a face primer needs to be fragranced?

Speaking of which...I really struggled to remain calm throughout this review because this product's ingredient list infuriated me! This face primer costs over $50, but it's mainly comprised of two cheap silicones. The THIRD ingredient is fragrance! Completely unacceptable. The four beneficial oils that Yves Saint Laurent boasts about are present in such a minute concentration - there is no way they can do anything for your skin. Sorry, I'm extremely irritated, but I felt like it's important for yinz to know that this product has a very underwhelming formula. 
YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer  Swatches
I do not recommend YSL's Touche Eclat Blur Primer - it's a cheaply made, but beautifully packaged product with a jacked up price point. Let's be honest here, this $52 face primer is just shimmery, scented silicone with a few drops of oil. Even if the ingredient list wasn't so disappointing, I wouldn't recommend this face primer, it just doesn't do very much. The Touche Eclat Blur Primer will give the skin a hint of luminosity, but it won't disguise pores and fine lines, and it doesn't elongate the wear of my foundation. This serum like primer may work for those with dry skin, but oily and easily congested skin types will definitely want to avoid this primer. The Touche Eclat Blur Primer was extremely disappointing for me, and though I'll finish my bottle, I won't be repurchasing. 




Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Zea Mays Oil/Corn Oil, Prunus Armeniaca, Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Passiflora Edulis Oil/Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil/Rice Bran Oil, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide, [+/- May Contain, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491/Iron Oxides].

Disclosure:
This product was sent to me for review by Influenster. My opinions were not influenced by Influenster, Yves Saint Laurent, or any other third party. This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. At least it's not water in a can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see a blogger recommend Avene Eau Thermale I cringe! I just saw an Aussie blogger today call it a "necessity to survive summer". IT IS WATER IN A CAN M8.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...