Out with the Old - September 2015




 This is my third month of not finishing very much, I'm kinda disappointed in myself to be honest. I have so much to clear out before I move in about a year, and its just not happening for me. Anyway, here is what I managed to finish in September. As always, products that I had a backup of or plan to repurchase will be marked with an asterisk (*). Click through to see this month's empties.

 Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF 50 Sunscreen - Empty *
I trust Hawaiian Tropic sunscreens, they've been my preferred brand of sunscreen for about five years. I switch between their formulas, but last summer I picked up three bottles of the SPF 50 Silk Hydration sunscreen before heading to Sydney for the spring. This was my last bottle, and it only survived this long because I did nothing this summer. It rained for five weeks straight here in June and July - I am not exaggerating in the slightest, so I didn't require much sunscreen. A definite repurchase.

This toner wasn't really what I wanted it to be - it had a nice effervescent feel to it, and it helped my acne heal initially, but it became less effective over time. I also ran through the bottle extremely fast, it only lasted me about six weeks. 

Murad Pigment Lightening Serum - Empty
I really liked this little serum sample! This product is meant to reduce the appearance of acne scarring, discoloration, and age spots, and even in the short period of time that I used it I could see a difference in my scarring. This deluxe sample also lasted forever - I got over a month's use out of a 7.5ml bottle!

This cleanser is great, its gentle and effective and you need very little of it. This 2 fl oz bottle lasted me months. I'd totally buy the full size if it wasn't over $30. I'm going to hold on to the bottle for travel purposes. 

Philosophy No Reason To Hide Serum - Empty 
This serum is supposed to have multiple benefits..but I didn't see any? I couldn't even tell if this serum was hydrating or not. I'm entirely unimpressed, which is weird because I usually really like Philosophy skincare (not that I've tried much of it)

Bliss That's Incredi-Peel Pad* - Empty
I love Bliss' That's Incredi-Peel Glycolic Resurfacing Pads! They're like a more effective (but harsher) version of Nip+Fab's Glycolic Fix Pads, one of my favorite products. 

Bliss Ex-glow-sion  Moisture Cream* - Empty
I'm a little less impressed with the Ex-glow-sion Moisture Cream, though its still pretty nice. This moisturizer has a thick, rich texture that takes a while to sink in, but it really plumps up the skin.
 Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay - Empty 
I got this firm hold hairspray a couple years ago in an Ipsy Bag and rarely reached for it because it provided too much hold, leaving my hair feeling hard and crispy. I used it all summer to keep my buns in place, because I kept sweating out my other hairsprays. It worked, but I wouldn't buy it again, I prefer the Big Sexy Hair Spray&Play over the Spray Clay.

Hask Keratin Protein Shampoo+Conditioner - Empty *
I've received a bunch of Hask shampoo and conditioner samples with my last couple Ulta orders, and I finally gave some a try. I enjoyed both the shampoo and conditioner, they smelled great and left my hair clear and silky. 

Forever 21 Claw Clips (x2) - Broken
I learned a lesson. Never buy hair clips from Forever 21, they are utter garbage. I bought a two pack of medium claw clips, and they both broke within two weeks! They snapped right in half! I'll be sticking to Karina clips from now on. 
Maybelline Colossal Chaotic Mascara - Old 
I received a tube of Maybelline's Colossal Chaotic Mascara in a pre-release study from the L'Oreal Consumer Testing Panel and I hated it. Wet, gooey, clumpy, flaky, there wasn't a single good thing to say about it. I usually love big, dramatic and kinda clumpy lashes, but the Chaotic Mascara was too much for me...until it flaked off a few hours after application.

Maybelline Auburn Brow Precise Pencil - Empty*
This was my first brow pencil, believe it or not, and I loved it! The shade match was great, and it gave me the exact effect I wanted. I blew through it though, and nearly finished it within a month. I'll definitely repurchase it sometime in the future, probably sooner than later.

This is a good affordable eyeliner, and extremely similar to Urban Decay's 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero in every way. I rarely call something an exact dupe, but I'd say that Blackfire and Zero are identical in texture, color, and wear. I won't repurchase because I prefer my eyeliner to be blacker, but I enjoyed it while it lasted. 

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...