Fall Bath&BodyWorks PocketBacs




bath&bodyworks hand sanitizer
Bath&BodyWorks recently reformulated and repackaged their popular Pocket Bac Hand Sanitizers, so I wanted to do a little write up outlining the changes, and also highlight the fall scents that I picked out. These hand sanitizing gels still contain 29ml (1 fl oz), but their price has increased by a quarter to $1.75, or 5/$6. Another equally important change has occurred (apparently last year, but I only just heard of it). I'm sad to report that Bath&BodyWorks is no longer cruelty free. This brand is not actively testing on animals, but their parent company, L Brands, has moved into the Chinese market, where animal testing is required by law. Click through to see what else has changed.
The most noticeable change is the packaging. The tiny triangular bottles have been retired and replaced with stout, oval shaped bottles with square flip tops. At first, I wasn't in favor of the new packaging - I liked the old bottles, mostly because I am a child that likes to stack them and arrange them into shapes. Now that I have the newly repackaged Pocket Bacs in my possession, I actually prefer them! The updated bottles are smaller, easier to grasp, and more purse and pocket friendly. Packaging remains recyclable. Of course, the newly redesigned packaging requires a new Pocket Bac Holder (if you use them) - the new ones cost $3.50 to $7.50, depending on the design.


Now lets look at the "few formula"

Old Formula:
Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Honey Extract, Palm Extract, Coconut Extract, Olive Extract, Wheat Amino Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Lactose, Aminomethyl Propanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Cellulose, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose + coloring agents

New Formula:
Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Honey Extract, Palm Extract, Coconut Extract, Olive Extract, Wheat Amino Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Lactose, Aminomethyl Propanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Cellulose, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose + coloring agents

Ok, so the formula isn't really new, Bath&BodyWorks just shuffled the ingredients and added a spot of aloe. I don't notice any difference what so ever. The consistency is the same in the bottle and in the hand, it dries just as fast, and isn't any more or less moisturizing (or drying). Honestly, seeing as both formulas are 68% alcohol - plus water and fragrance, there are only negligible traces of the rest of the ingredients - they barely matter.

Anyway, lets move on to the fun part - the five fall scents that I picked out. Four of the five are from the limited edition Fall 2015 Wine Country collection, and the other is a seasonal favorite that makes an appearance every year as part of the ultra popular pumpkin collection - this year it bears the very cute name of Let's Go Pick Your Pumpkin. 
Black Cherry Merlot is an "addictive blend of dark cherry, black raspberry and sumptuous merlot." This deep burgundy gel smells amazing - like cherry jello mix! I don't get any wine notes from Black Cherry Merlot - and believe me I am very familiar with Arbor Mist's Blackberry Merlot. The scent is quite strong and lingers on the hands for a good while. I've heard EmilyNoel83 and Hollie Forrest recommend Black Cherry Merlot multiple times and I get it, this scent is incredible! I also love the cherry print label!
Bath&BodyWorks says "feel the California sun with zesty lemon, sparkling grapefruit, and blond woods." California Citrus&Sunshine is a bright blend of grapefruit and lemon - it smells really similar to Lush's Whoosh Shower Jelly, but less like a cleaning product. The gel is a really pretty teal, I don't think it matches the scent, but its a nice color and it makes a good background the sunny, lemon printed label. 
Sonoma Sunflower Blossom is a "sunkissed blend of bright sunflowers, sweet orange blossoms, and white grape". Somehow, Bath&BodyWorks manages to capture the scent of sunflowers...which I don't think is a real smell? My mum grows sunflowers, and none of them have ever had a smell to them...yet somehow their sunflower scents smell like they should? It's some sort of fragrance miracle! Sonoma Sunflower Blossom has a vague citrus hint to it, its like a toned down version of Wild Citrus Sunflower, one of my all time favorite Bath&BodyWorks scents. Sonoma Sunflower Blossom is  very light scent that only lingers on the skin for a couple of minutes. I love the label by way - the sun is rising over an endless field of sunflowers - so pretty. 
White Peach Chardonnay is a  "refreshing sip of crisp vineyard peach, chardonnay leaves, and vanilla orchid." I picked this scent because ALoveTart recommended it, and I have to say I think its my favorite of the five that I chose! White Peach Chardonnay smells like tart peach gummy candy with a hint of white wine - its delicious, and so fruity! This scent is quite strong, and you'll be able to pick it up on your hands for like half an hour after application! I also loe the look of this hand sanitizer, the bright green gel seres as a great backdrop for the bright, peachy label.
Pumpkin Cupcake is "sweetly scented with baked pumpkin and whipped vanilla frosting". This is a standard sweet and warm cinnamon and pumpkin spice scent. While Pumpkin Cupcake isn't as unique as the four previous Wine Country scents, its very seasonal and a scent that just about everyone likes. This scent is fairly potent and stays on the skin for about 15 minutes. I wish Bath&BodyWorks got a bit more creative with the label design - they could've taken it in a much cuter direction than just a cupcake near a pumpkin.

Bath&BodyWorks' new Pocket Bac packaging, but I find the "new formula" unimpressive, considering its not really new at all. That being said, these are still my favorite hand sanitizers. I really enjoy and recommend all five of the scents I mentioned in this post, but if I had to narrow it down, I'd say that White Peach Chardonnay and Black Cherry Merlot are the definite must-try scents. Bath&BodyWorks Pocket Bacs are fun and useful little products that I can't get enough of. Comment below and share some of your favorite fall Bath&BodyWorks scents.




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. Black cherry merlot wouldn't be as good as normal cherries merlot amirite

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...