Essie Hubby for Dessert Nail Polish Review+Swatch




Essie's cream finish nail polishes are legendary, but I never tried one until now! I recently received Hubby for Dessert from the Bridal 2015 Collection in a PR package, and applied it immediately - I couldn't resist this interesting pastel. Essie nail polishes are DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde free (aka 3 free) and are sold at most drugstores, major retailers, and beauty suppliers. Each Essie polish contains 13.5ml (.45 fl oz) and retail for $8.50 each; Hubby for Dessert is also available in the limited edition five piece Romantic Brights Bridal Set, which sells for $20. Essie is not cruelty free. 

 I think everyone recognizes Essie's chunky, rectangular bottles, with their raised logo on two sizes. They're a bit of a beauty icon. The Bridal 2015 Collection polishes have white plastic caps with a delicate lacy design etched into them - a very pretty but subtle detail. A more useful detail is the two or three little ball bearings included in the bottle that'll help keep this polish mixed. The shade name can be found on the top of the cap. Packaging does not seem to be recyclable.

Essie's brushes are pretty basic - average length, thin, round, and flexible. This brush is easy to work with, and suits my tiny nail beds.
Hubby for Dessert has a thin, milky formula that's a little difficult to work with. This lacquer goes on very sheer and a little streaky, plus it tends to pool at the cuticle. The first two coats provide almost no color at all, Hubby for Dessert takes four to five coats to reach opacity, and even then I can still see a bit of nail line.  This nail polish dries quickly, to a hard and durable coating that resists chipping for about three days. This pastel polish removes easilyEssie Hubby for Dessert Nail Polish nail swatch
Hubby for Dessert is an interesting color. Essie describes it as an "irresistible sheer candied lilac". To me, this is a pale, pastel lilac with a bit of a minky influence and shiny cream finish. A very clean, timeless and sophisticated color...a good traditional bridal color or everyday neutral. This shade is universally flattering, and it looks beautiful on it's own, or as subtle background for some nail art. I love adding a couple light pink or silver rhinestones on my ring finger when I wear Hubby for Dessert. 
I like Essie's Hubby for Dessert nail polish, but I hate the name! I think 'hubby' is such a gross word, and I vow to never, ever call Dean that, even ironically. I don't even like thinking the word as I'm typing it! I'm willing to overlook the unpleasant name though, because this interesting greyed lilac is so pretty. This polish's formula isn't perfect, application can be a little fussy honestly, but this polish is worth the struggle - it wears really well on me. I really enjoy Essie's Hubby for Dessert, and I think its worth picking up.


Ingredients:
G2236 Ethyl Acetate,Butyl Acetate,Nitrocellulose ,Ispropyl Alcohol ,Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer ,Ethyl Tosylamide,Acetyl Tributyl Citrate,Stearalkonium Hectorite,Acrylates Copolymer,Octocrylene,Propyl Acetate,Tributyl Citrate,Dimethicone ,Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin,Hydrogenated Acetophenone/Oxymethylene Copolymer,Citric Acid ,Benzophenone-1 ,Oxidized Polyethylene ,Calcium Sodium Borosilicate,Synthetic Fluorphlogopite ,Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate,Alumina ,Polyethylene Terephthalate ,Silica ,Tin Oxide ,Polyurethane-11 ,CI 77002 / Aluminum Hydroxide ,Aluminum Hydroxide,[+/- May contain CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, CI 15880 / Red 34 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 15850 / Red 6 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77266 / Black 2, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, D160246/9

Disclosure:
This product was sent me by freebeautyevents.com in exchange for promoting their website.

Leave a Comment

  1. ;-; I do not want to be called that word either

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...