Out with the Old - August 2015 Empties

 Sadly, August was another month without finishing a lot of products - but I didn't do as badly as I expected! Until about a week and a half ago, there was only four or five products in my empty bag and then suddenly a lot of products ran out. I'm really hoping to get my shit together and finish more stuff next month - I got a big stash to clear out before I move. As always, products I had a backup of or plan to repurchase will be marked with an asterisk (*). Click through to see my August 2015 Empties.

 Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - Empty*
My all time favorite makeup remover! I love Garnier's Micellar Water, its so effective and affordable. This cleansing water isn't available in the US, but I have a stockpile. I'm playing off the Garnier Micellar Water for a while and trying out another micellar cleanser instead. 

Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil - Empty*
Another favorite makeup remover, the Garnier cleansing oil works so well, especially in tandem with the coordinating micellar water. This is at least my fourth bottle of this cleansing oil, and it isn't my last!

Rodan+Fields Daily Cleansing Mask - Empty
I really enjoyed this gently exfoliating clay mask! I saw results after using it just a few times. I would repurchase it, if it wasn't for the ridiculously high price tag - over $40! 

A nice face scrub with fine granules suspended in a creamy base. It definitely got the job done, but not something I'd buy a full size of. 

 Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Pads - Empty*
Another favorite product, these exfoliating toner pads really make a difference in the appearance and texture of my skin. I just opened my third tub of Nip+Fab's Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Pads - I don't think I can ever be without them. 
 Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo - Empty*
It's rare for me to post an empties or Ulta haul without Batiste's Cherry Dry Shampoo making an appearance - probably because I use it nearly every day! I love this stuff. Just like with the Garnier Micellar Water, I'm giving this daily staple a break and trying something else out - but I still have a backup on hand! 

After nearly a year of dutiful service, its time to toss my Beauty Blender. My trusty sponge had developed several micro tears and lost the point at the tip. I went back to the more affordable Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, but I won't rule out a repurchase of the Beauty Blender in the future, if I'm a place where I can afford a $20 sponge. 

NYX Radiant Finishing Powder - Empty
I never really liked this multi-colored face powder, but I kept using it so as to not be wasteful. I used about 80% of this powder, and when it recently took a spill and shattered, I didn't take the time to repress it. 

Olive Natural Oats and Honey Lip Balm - Empty
I really enjoyed this rich and hydrating all natural lip balm! It's one of the best product I'd received from Ipsy in a long time. I'll miss this lip balm! 
EOS Berry Blossom Hand Lotion - Empty*
This is actually an empty from Mum! She's prone to dry, cracked hands, and picked this hand cream up on a whim, and fell in love. She wanted me to tell yinz about it, she's so genuinely enthusiastic about it! I tried it a few times and I have to agree, EOS Hand Lotion seems nice! She's already repurchased. 

Bath&BodyWorks Wild Citrus Sunflower Shower Gel - Empty
This is my second bottle of the Wild Citrus Sunflower Shower Gel, its one of my all time favorite B&BW scents, and its such a shame that it was limited edition. This scent came out about three years ago, I don't think they even have it at the Semi Annual Sales anymore. Wild Citrus Sunflower will be sorely missed. 

This mineral sunscreen just wasn't for me - it failed me on multiple occasions, I'm glad to have it out of my way. 


5 comments

  1. I just ran out of my Batiste dry shampoo as well, but I think instead of cherry I'm going to try a different scent this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading empties posts to see what others have loved or didn't, haha. I've tried so many dry shampoos but I think the search is over: I'm going back to Batiste, even if the smell is a bit too strong. The cherry one is one of my favorites and I've tried all the scents from them.

    I wish that the Garnier skincare line was available in my drugstores. It seems only the hair stuff made its way here. >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empties are pre fun. No other dry shampoo and stack up to Batiste tbh. They're the best in all aspects.

      I have a pretty shit selection of Garnier around me as well. I get all of it online, or stock up when I'm out of the country. Garnier has so much more to choose from everywhere else, or at least it feels that way.

      Delete