Maybelline I'm Blushing Color Blur by Lip Studio Creamy Matte Lip Pencil Review+Swatches

 Maybelline's new ColorBlur Creamy Matte Lip Pencils "redefine the rules of color with a creamy matte pencil and blurring smudger. The cream matte pencil feels extremely smooth and comfortable on the lips while the blurring smudger creates your own looks from full on bold to softly blurred." The Color Blur Creamy Matte Lip Pencils are available in 10 shades, my review features I'm Blushing!, the lightest shade in this colorful range. Each of these lip crayons contains 1.25 grams (.04 oz) of product and retail for around $8 at drugstores. Maybelline is not cruelty free. This product was made in the USA.

 Maybelline's Color Blur Creamy Matte Lip Pencils come in long, slender, color matched, plastic tubes. The product name and shade are printed on the tube in black lettering. A convenient diagram is included on the black cap, demonstrating how to blend your Color Blur lip color. On the tail end of this matte lip pencil, you'll find an angular, silicone nub that can be used to blend or "blur" this lip color. This little tool is attached to the product's twist up mechanism; product scrolls up and down smoothly, but the product is quite soft and can snap off easily, so be careful! I'm speaking from experience! My only complaint about the packaging is that the cap is a little bit misfitted - it comes off too easily, yet I have to really force it to snap back on. It's strange, and maybe an isolated issue. Packaging does not seem to be recyclable.
I bought this lip crayon days after it hit the shelves, but I didn't get a chance to try it right away, so when I started seeing negative reviews by the dozen I got worried! My concerns were quickly quelled the very first time I used this lip crayon - I may be in the minority here, but I really like the Maybelline Color Blur Creamy Matte Lip Crayon! Creamy Matte is a spot on description of this lipstick's texture - it glides on to the lips so smoothly, leaving behind an opaque layer of color in a single stroke. I'm Blushing! feels soft, light, and comfortable on the lips - and for a matte lip product it (surprisingly!) isn't drying in the slightest. Actually, I love the way this lipstick sits on the lips - in spite of it's matte texture, Maybelline's Color Blur Creamy Matte Lip Pencil doesn't stick to any dry spots, nor does it settle into lip lines, or slide out of bounds. Wear is pretty damn agreeable, I just wish I'm Blushing! lasted longer, it only lasts about 2 to 2.5 hours on me, less if I'm eating or drinking.  The Color Blurs are blendable, as promised, the silicone smudger isn't the gimmick I thought it would be. That being said, I don't really bother with "blurring" this lip color, this trendy Korean inspired style isn't my thing. The Color Blur Creamy Matte Lip Pencils have no scent or flavor. 
Maybelline I'm Blushing Color Blur by Lip Studio Creamy Matte Lip Pencil Swatches
I'm Blushing! is a gorgeous and wearable rosy pink with a hint of mauve to it that cools the color down. The matte finish is soft and nearly powdery in appearance - like a rose petal. A great basic shade to have.
I really like Maybelline's Color Blur Creamy Matte Lip Pencil in I'm Blushing!! The color, the texture - its all good to me, and the slightly punky packaging just tops it all off. This powdery matte lip crayon is surprisingly creamy and comfy. Color payoff is strong, and this shade in particular is fantastic, it'll suit everyone for any occasion. I won't purchase anymore Color Blur Creamy Matte Lip Pencils because none of the colors really call to me, but I do recommend these lip crayons if you find a shade you love. 


Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Isododecane, Polyethylene, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, BHT, Alumina, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tocopherol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 6, Mica, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 45380 / Red 21, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 45410 / Red 27 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 47005 / Yellow 10 Lake.

Disclosure:

This product was gifted to me


1 comment