Maybelline Just a Glimmer Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Gloss Review+Swatches




Maybelline's brand new and highly anticipated Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Glosses are "0% sticky, with a new way to shine. Caring oils moisturize, smooth, and soften for 4 hours of moisture so lips never feel dry." These glosses are available in a total of twelve shades, my review is for Just a Glimmer. Each Baby Lip Moisturizing Lip Gloss contains 5ml (.18 oz) and sell for about four bucks a pop. Maybelline is not cruelty free. This lip gloss was made in America.

While I like the packaging for Maybelline's Baby Lips, I think the packaging for the coordinating glosses crosses the line from cute to childish. I'm not sure what makes the difference for me. Maybelline's new glosses come in short tubes with colorful caps that bear the Maybelline logo and product name, in the signature Baby Lips style. It just looks really juvenile to me, which is unfortunate, because I kinda hoped they'd feel as collectible as the balms do. This lip gloss comes in a basic doefoot applicator -nothing fancy here. Packaging is not recyclable.
Just like the applicator, Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Glosses are quite basic in formulation. This lip gloss has a thin, smooth consistency that has a bit of weight to it. As promised, the Baby Lips lip glosses are not sticky when they're freshly applied, but I feel like this gloss gets tackier the longer I wear it. Maybelline also promises four hours of moisture, and I guess that's true too. I get about two hours of wear from Just a Glimmer, and it feels fairly hydrating for the duration of the wear, and for at least another hour after its gone. I'm not a big fan of this gloss' scent or flavor, its fruity in an artificial way, and it kinda reminds me of orange Palmolive dish soap, just without the soapiness.

Just a Glimmer has a clear base with plenty of multi-colored shimmer - pink, purple, blue, and silver from what I can see. This shade looks beautiful and iridescent in the tube, but it doesn't do much for me on the lips, it just adds a bit of shine with a hint of shimmer. Huh, I guess the name really suits it. Just a Glimmer looks much better layered over a lipstick than it does worn alone - I love it over Laqa&Co's Menatour.
Eh, Maybelline's Baby Lips glosses failed to impress me. For a drugstore gloss that sells for less than five bucks, they're alright, they just aren't great either. You feel me? This lip gloss formula lives up to it's claims of being moisturizing and non-sticky. Just a Glimmer is really pretty in the tube, but it doesn't translate quite so well onto the lips. I might try one more shade of the Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Glosses, but honestly I think we're all better off just sticking with the balms.



Ingredients:
C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Disostearyl Malate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sodium Saccharin, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Citral, Limonene, Tin Oxide, Dimethicone, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.


Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...