L'Oreal Rose True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator Review+Swatches

L'Oreal says their new True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminators are "the ultimate in luminosity. L'Oreal Paris introduces it's first powder highlighter specifically crafted to highlight key features or illuminate all-over. Designed in Gold, Rose, and Ice shades that flatter every skintone from warm, to neutral, to cool." These beautiful powder highlighters are available in three shades, I'm reviewing Rose. Each True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator contains 9 grams (.31oz) of product and cost $12.99 - pretty damn expensive for a drugstore product! Is it just me, or does L'Oreal's prices keep creeping closer or closer to midrange pricing? L'Oreal is not cruelty free.

Packaging for L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator is really nice, albeit a bit chunky. These powder highlighters come in square plastic compacts with the product name printed on the flip top lid. The product pan lifts up to reveal a good quality mirror and an a small brush that should be just tossed out - its scratchy. splayed, and it sheds! I haven't bothered trying to apply this highlighter with the brush - I can just tell it'd be terrible. I wish L'Oreal didn't include the brush or mirror - they aren't necessary and they make the 'compact' bulkier than it needs to be. Directions and a handy diagram can be found on the back of the compact, along with an ingredient list. This product's packaging does not seem to be recyclable.
L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator is one of my favorite new products to be released in a long time! First off, the product it's self is gorgeous in the pan - the four shades are arranged in an appealing, geometric pattern. The texture of this powder highlighter is just as lovely as the design! The Powder Glow Illuminator is firmly pressed, yet still quit soft - its easy to pick up with a brush, yet it kicks up no excess powder at all! I prefer and recommend applying this highlighter with a wispy fan brush (Bdellium Tools' 925 is my favorite) in a sweeping motion along the high points of the face for a soft, glowy, ethereal effect. I don't recommend a fuller brush for applying this product because it's quite pigmented and it can really pack a punch. I get good wear from the True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator, it lasts about seven hours on average. By the way, I've seen a few bloggers mention that the shimmer in this highlighter migrates around the face, but I haven't noticed that personally.
I had a hard time choosing a shade, they're all so pretty, but in the end I picked Rose, and I'm glad of it! Rose is comprised of four shades - a white, baby pink, champagne, and mauve. Swirled together, Rose becomes a very pale beige pink. The finish is fairly frosty, with a couple flecks of silver shimmer - but not to worry, the individual shimmer particles are not obvious on the skin. Rose catches the light in a really pretty way, its reflective and glowy without being too shimmery.
L'Oreal Rose True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator swatches
I like L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator a lot! Presentation is quite attractive, though I think the overall packaging design could've been smarter. This icy pink highlighter is pigmented, but easy to apply if you use the correct tool. I'd love to pick this highlighter up in the shade Ice! I've been reaching for this highlighter just about everyday since I got it, and I don't want to use anything else honestly! I definitely recommend L'Oreal's new powder highlighter - they're pricey but worth it (and you can always find a sale or coupon!)! 




Ingredients:
Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Trisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Caprylyl, Glycol, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes. This product was gifted to me.

1 comment