Laqa&Co Menatour Lip Lube Review+Swatches

 Laqa&Co describes their Lip Lubes as a "light and glossy hydrating lip balm - perfect for everyday wear. The peppermint-shea butter formula delivers an oh-so addictive hit of mint and moisture, with each application. All in a handy twist up pencil. BOOM!" The Laqa&Co Lip Lubes are available in 9 shades, today I'm reviewing Menatour, which I received in a Birchbox quite a while ago. These jumbo lip crayons retail for $20 via the brand's website, Birchbox Shop, and a handful of boutiques (check Laqa&Co's website for a listing). I'm having a hard time finding out what this company's animal testing policy is - so be sure to do your own research before purchasing from this brand. This lip crayon was made in China.

Laqa&Co's Lip Lube Lip Crayons come in chunky, shiny, color coordinated plastic tubes. The product name and brand logo are printed on the tube in white lettering. Product twists up and down smoothly and easily - no sharpening required. Packaging does not seem to be recyclable.
 First off can I get an ayyyy lmao for this lip crayon's name? Ok, now that this moment of immaturity has passed, I gotta say that Laqa&Co's Lip Lube is pretty good. This jumbo lip crayon has a thin, slick, weightless texture that feels very similar to Maybelline's Baby Lips balm - a product that I love and buy time and time again. This lip crayon is moderately hydrating and comfortable to wear. Laqa&Co's Lip Lubes don't have the best staying power, this lightweight purple lip color lasts between one and two hours on me, without transferring off or slipping and sliding around. Laqa&Co's Lip Lubes have a minty scent and flavor. That hint of mint gives this lip crayon a slight tingle upon application, but it dissipates within seconds.

Menatour is a medium, cool lilac-y purple with a shimmer free, satiny finish. Color payoff is on the lighter end of the spectrum, but it can be built up with an additional layer of product - both of my swatches show two layers. Menatour isn't the the most flattering purple lip color for me personally, but I think it would look incredible against deep skin tones.
Laqa&Co's Menatour Lip Lube has a nice texture - thin and moisturizing, it feels more like a lip balm than a lipstick. Wear time and payoff are ok, but could be better considering the price. Menatour isn't really my color, its a little too cool and a little too purple to go along with my red hair. I wouldn't repurchase Laqa&Co's Lip Lube, but I wouldn't mind receiving another one in subscription, or even redeeming some Birchbox points on another shade. 



Ingredients:
Octyl Palmitate, Polyisobutene, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, MICA, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ozokerite, Ceresin, Polyethylene, Beeswax, MENTHA PIPERITA, Propylparaben, Butyl Hydroxy Toluene, D&C Red No. 27 Al Lake (CI 45410), Titanium Dioxid (CI 77891), FD&C BLUE No.1 Al Lake (CI 42090)


Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

3 comments

  1. Great review! I received this in the same color in a Birchbox of mine as well. I was a bit intimidated by the color at first, but, once I tried it, I loved it!

    The English Teacher's Makeup Bag
    http://tetmakeupbag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much more wearable than it looks!

      Delete