June 2015 Ipsy Bag - Swim into Beauty




June 2015 Ipsy Bag Swim into Beauty

My June Ipsy Bag arrived right on time. I should mention that this bag marks my three year anniversary with Ipsy - its hard to believe it's been that long! This bag is only ok for me, to be honest. I like most of the products, but things are small, and one product is a repeat for me (something Ipsy promises to prevent!). If you aren't familiar with Ipsy, let me break it down real quick - this is a monthly subscription service that costs $10 (free shipping) for a new makeup bag filled with 4-6 beauty products that range in size from full sized to samples. 

This month, Ipsy partnered with twenty seven different brands. 

New Partnerships: Formula X, Tre'StiQue, Selfie, Jules&Ester, Pure Brazilian, Shea Moisture, BioRepublic Skincare, Key West Aloe, OGX, Aurora, Glamierre, Lavanilla, Keratherapy, Altchek MD

Repeat Partnerships: It Cosmetics, Smashbox, BeFine, Derma E, Ofra, Absolute, Evelyn Iona, Too Faced, Swissco, Nuxe, J.Cat, Dr. Brandt,  New York Color

Click through for a closer look at what I received in my June Ipsy Bag

June 2015 Ipsy Bag close up
 This month's bag is a black pouch with a neon coral zipper.The Ipsy logo is embossed onto the front of the bag, which is made of an interesting feeling, waterproof material. I just ran this bag under running water to see how waterproof it is...and only the front with the Ipsy logo is waterproof. The back got completely soaked through! That's a little silly to only make half of the bag waterproof, don't you think? Either way, I like the way this bag looks and I'll probably hold onto it.  
June 2015 Ipsy Bag BeFine Food Skin Care Cucumber Facial Mask
 BeFine Food Skin Care Cucumber Facial Mask 
Deluxe Sample (1 oz) - $6.25
Full Size (4 oz) - $25

My Thoughts:
I've been acquiring a lot of masks lately, but that's ok, they're fun to try. I've heard of BeFine before, but I've never actually heard anyone talk about it, if you know what I mean? This cucumber infused clay mask smells a lot like Yardley's cucumber body lotion, which I quite like. I'll probably give this mask a try tonight. The sample is fairly sized, so I'm pleased. 


The Claims:
Exactly what your skin craves, this Cucumber Cooling Mask revitalizes,repairs and rejuvenates the complexion. Cucumber Extract removes dead skin cells while soothing and tightening the skin. Pomegranate Extract, which is loaded with antioxidants, helps repair the skin and keeps it looking its youngest. Watermelon Extract reduces the break down of DNA in skin cells while keeping them hydrated.

The Offer:
20% off at befine.com with code IPSY. exp 7/31/15

Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer  June 2015 Ipsy Bag
 Smashbox PhotoFinish Foundation Primer 
Sample (.25 fl oz) - $9
Full Size (1 oz) - $36

My Thoughts;
I like Smashbox's cult classic PhotoFinish Foundation Primer, but I was annoyed to see it in my GlamRoom this month. Why? I'd already received this primer in my August 2013 bag, and Ipsy promises no repeat products. I reached out to IpsyCare about it, and they told me that it doesn't count as a repeat because its such a popular product? How does that make sense? I'm not too sore though, as I'll be putting this into my next giveaway. 

The Claims:
Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky, lightweight blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea. Worn alone or under foundation, this best-selling, oil-free primer helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish.This primer diffuses the light hitting your skin to blur out imperfections for an even, soft-focus look while also making your makeup last all day long.

The Offer:
No Offer
 It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil  June 2015 Ipsy Bag
 It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil 
Travel Size ($12)
Full Size ($24)

My Thoughts:
I would love to try more from It Cosmetics, so I was excited to find this brow pencil in my bag - even though I'm not sure if it'll work for me! This eyeliner is a taupe shade that's supposed to be a universal shade..but I have red hair. A lot of makeup artists and bloggers think redheads should use cool toned brow products like this one, but I don't really subscribe to that to be honest. While I don't want my eyebrows to be as orange as my hair, I do want my brows to be better matched to my hair. Either way, I'm happy to give this a shot.

The Claims:
Brow Power® matches all hair colors and covers gray perfectly. The oval shaped tip is perfect for both thin and thick brows. The spooley end brush gives a natural polished look! Developed with leading plastic surgeons, our proprietary anti-aging technology infuses a blend of brow-conditioning ingredients including Saw Palmetto, Nettle Extract, Green Tea, Biotin, Lecithin, Vitamins A, C, E, Grape Seed and Panthenol. Our exclusive, transforming shade adjusts to every hair color based on how hard you press to give you a beautiful, natural-looking brow. Paraben-free, Fragrance-free, Phthalate-free and Sulfate-free. Full brow lift guide included with each pencil.

The Offer:
20% off + Free Shipping on orders over $40 from itcosmetics.com with code ITDELIVERS. exp 7/31/15
 Tre'StiQue Eyeshadow Crayon in Kona Coffee Ipsy June 2015
 Tre'StiQue Eyeshadow Crayon in Kona Coffee
Sample ($13)
Full Size ($26)

My Thoughts:
Tre'StiQue is a cream shadow crayon with interesting packaging! The cap looks like the tip of a crayon, I honestly thought it didn't come with a cap lol! Not sure how I'll like this dark brown color, but the texture is absolutely lovely, its very creamy and blendable. I haven't heard of Tre'StiQue before, and I love trying a new brand. 

The Claims:
This amazing 12 hour eye shadow has customizable color that you can build from a subtle wash to intense vibrancy. It’s also super blendable with a crease free, smooth finish.

The Offer:
15% off of orders over $35 + Free Shipping from trestique.com with code IPSYINSIDER15. exp 7/31/15
Formula X by Sephora Nail Color in Power Source June 2015 Ipsy Bag
Formula X by Sephora Nail Color in Power Source
Deluxe Sample (4ml) -  3.50 
Full Size (12ml) - $10.50 

My Thoughts:
I've heard absolute rave reviews for Sephora's Formula X nail polish lines, so I don't mind getting this itty bitty nail polish in my bag. Power Source is a bright shiny coral that'll look great on my toesies. 


The Claims:
Make sparks fly in this charismatic hot coral pink nail polish. Formula X Power Source is a universally flattering shade delivered in a patented No Compromise formula for xtraordinary color, xceptional performance, and xtra long-lasting shine. Infused with ShineXcel™, a luminescent ingredient that enhances color and overall brilliance. Recharge your positive energy with this high-octane, hair-raising hue!

The Offer:
 No Offer
____________________________________________________________________


Total Value of my June Ipsy Bag:
$43.75 

Not a bad value for an alright bag. Nothing is particularly exciting and I didn't get any full sized products, but I will certainly use for of the five items. My favorite product is probably the It Cosmetics brow pencil, even though it may not suit me - I just am desperate to try more from this brand! I think the bag was a bit silly to be honest, as much as I like it. What's the point of making only one side waterproof? I don't get it! 

What did you get in your June Ipsy Bag?




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. Seriously need to try out the primer -- http://themakeupbase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good, but there are a lot of similar products out there - Maybelline Baby Skin, Tarte Poreless, etc

      Delete
  2. Mary loves nail polishes n.n

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny that since it's popular it doesn't count! Lol in other words they got a ton of smash box samples so here you go. Hahahaha my bag hasn't come yet but it should be here tomorrow according to shipping, it's just been hanging at he post office since Saturday...I'm pretty happy with my bag too, I got the JCat lip stain that I'm super excited to try, the it cosmetics brow pencil, an eyeshadow crayon like the one you got, and he smash box primer...I don't remember what the fifth item is but I think it's a skin care item...overall pretty good! I'm actually excited to try everything I can remember! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual quote was "Our aim is to offer you unique products every month, but since Smashbox is such a well-loved brand, and this primer in particular received rave reviews from the community, we knew that many ipsters would be happy to get it again. " girl, no. Glad you like whats coming in your bag, hopefully it arrives soon.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...