Clarins HydraQuench Cream Mask Review

Clarins says their HydraQuench Cream Mask's "creamy formula restores freshness, radiance, and comfort to dehydrated skin in 5-10 minutes. Katafray draws moisture to the skin - then it seals it in to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles Sorbier Bud helps stimuluate micro circulation for a healthy looking glow." This moisturizing mask contains 2.5 fl oz (74ml) and sells for $36 at Clarins counters and the brand's website (I don't believe this particular product is carried at Ulta or Sephora). I received a super generous sample of the HydraQuench Cream Mask as a GWP at a Clarins counter. Clarins is not cruelty free. This cream mask was made in France.

The HydraQuench Cream Mask comes in an opaque blue squeeze tube with a white twist cap. The Clarins logo and product name are printed on the front of the tube, directions can be found on the back. The white lettering really stands out against the pretty sky blue bottle; the packaging is plain but attractive - not recyclable though.

Clarins' HydraQuench Cream Mask is the first product I've tried from this iconic French skincare range - and its one of the most expensive masks that I've used! This white cream mask has a lovely texture, like an extra rich moisturizer. Clarins recommends leaving the HydraQuench mask on for 5-10 minutes, but I usually keep it on for more in the 12-15 range. This mask can be a little difficult to wash away, but apparently you don't even have to rinse the HydraQuench mask off at all - Clarins recommends wiping it away with a toner. The HydraQuench Cream Mask doesn't do anything dramatic for my skin, but it does add a nice shot of hydration that softens and plumps my complexion. My only complaint about this product is how heavily fragranced it is - this mask has a strong, perfumey scent that lingers on the skin for the duration of wear. I'm not typical sensitive to fragrance in my skincare, but this scent does irritate my eyes a little. If you are easily irritated by fragrance, or would rather avoid it in your skincare don't even bother with the HydraQuench Cream Mask.

Clarin's HydraQuench Cream Mask was a nice introduction to this French brand's famous skincare line. Packaging for this mask, and the entire HydraQuench line is functional and appealing (but then again I love anything blue, so I may be biased!). The texture of this mask is pleasing on the skin, and easy to apply. This moisturizing mask delivers results quickly - I just wish it didn't have such a strong scent. The HydraQuench Cream Mask would make a nice addition to a skincare routine for dry to normal skin (that isn't senstive). Personally, I won't repurchase - mainly because this sample will last me pretty much forever!



Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclomethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-12, Titanium Dioxide, Polyacrylamide, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Carbomer, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pyrus Sorbus Bud Extract, Cedrelopsis Grevei Bark Extract, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate


Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. This post contains affiliated links/referral codes

1 comment