Wet n Wild California Roll Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette Review + Swatches




Wet n Wild California Roll Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette Silver Lake collection
 Wet n Wild's California Roll is one of the five six pan palettes from the Summer 2015 limited edition Silver Lake Collection. While most of the palettes appealed to me in some way, California roll was the one I just HAD to have! Just look at that beautiful, unique color scheme! I grabbed this sextet of shadows at Rite Aid for $3.99. Wet n Wild is cruelty free. This eyeshadow palette was made in China.

Wet n Wild California Roll Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette Silver Lake Collection
 Wet n Wild's six pan Color Icon palettes come in a white plastic pan with a clear flip top. Inside, the six square pans are arranged in two columns. Below the shadows lies a shallow well containing a sponge tip applicator and a poor quality brush (both of mine have been tossed). Ingredients are listed on the back of the white palette, which, by the way, is not recyclable.
Wet n Wild California Roll Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette Close up
 As I mentioned in my first impression post, I was drawn to this palette for two reasons  - the beautiful, vibrant colors, of course, but also the name! I love California Rolls so much (if you're ever in Pittsburgh, you have to try Nakama's real jumbo lump crab California Roll). Anyway, on to the shadows! The six eyeshadows in Wet n Wild's California Roll vary widely in texture and pigmentation - I'll go into further detail when I break it down shade by shade in just a minute. The mix of two neutrals, two reddish tones, and two greens is unique and so seasonally appropriate - every look I've come up with has been bright and fun, yet surprisingly wearable! Most of these eyeshadows blend effortlessly, though the two mattes can be a little stubborn. I have no problem getting the California Roll shadows to last - worn over a primer, these powder shadows will last over eight hours with minimal creasing and fading.
 Shade 1 is a frosty, yellow toned off white. This eyeshadow is loaded with pigment, and it has a rich, soft texture that makes it a treat to work with. In spite of it's strong pigmentation, this pale shade sheers out well, making it a lovely highlighter for the brow bone, or even the cheekbone if you want.

 Shade 2 is a warm, bright lime green. The base color has a satin finish, topped with a sprinkling of medium sized gold glitter. The individual glitter particles don't really translate onto the eye, it shows up as most of a soft, pretty shimmer instead. This gorgeous citrusy green has great color payoff and a blendable texture, but do be warned, it causes a little bit of nearly neon fallout.

 Shade 3 is a beautiful sea green with a heavenly gold frost. This lovely bluish green doesn't have the best pigmentation, I find that I need two layers to make it show up true to pan. This eyeshadow blends decently, but it does cause just a touch of fallout.

 Shade 4 is a pink toned champagne shade with a very sparkly finish. This powerfully pigmented eyeshadow has a soft, crumbly texture in the pan. This shadow blends like a dream, but it causes loads of fallout that just goes everwhere. We're talking glitter all over my face and in the five other pans. What a mess!

 Shade 5 is a soft, matte, warm perfect peach color that's great in the crease. Pigmentation is on the lighter side, though I wouldn't call it sheer. This peach eyeshadow's flat finish makes it a little bit resistant to blending, but keep working at it and you'll get there!

 Shade 6 is a matte rose red - not a common color, especially in a drugstore palette! Wet n Wild's red eyeshadow has good color payoff. Much like the matte peach above it, this eyeshadow can be a little finicky, but patience and a good brush will give you the desired effect. Don't fear red eyeshadow, its easier to pull off than you'd think!
I like Wet n Wild's California Roll palette! While I don't think these shadows live up to the superb quality of the old Color Icon formula, they're still quite pigmented and blendable. Every look you'll come up with will be festive and summery. I'm so glad I picked the California Roll palette up, I reach for it quite often. If you like the color scheme, do pick up Wet n Wild's California Roll palette - its cheap, cute, and good quality. 


Ingredients:
Talc, Ethyl Macadamiate, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate, Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenlysuccinate, Polybutene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Silica, 0-Cymen-5-0I, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Palmitic Acid, Mica May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Carmine, Iron Oxides, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ultramarines

Leave a Comment

  1. Are you a california roll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but if I eat enough of them, I will become one! Take me out for sushi more pls. <3

      Delete
  2. I love your eye look! That trio was the first one I picked up from the Silver Lake collection too. For the same reasons. I love the color scheme. You are so right in that these are actually very wearable shades. I am loving the sea green/aqua you used at the outer edge of your bottom lid. Your look is so pretty! Please post more eye looks. I am always needing new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like this palette too. I'll try to get more tutorials and looks up, I've been lacking inspiration over the winter and wearing a lot of tried and true neutral combos, but I'm trying to get back into brights! By the way, the aqua on my bottom lash line is the sea green from this palette pushed over a bright blue eyeliner.

      Delete
  3. I finally found this collection! Lol I was so excited! I'm actually wearing Vegan Culture today and I really love it. Wet n wild doesn't disappoint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! The Vegan Culture palette is so pretty! I'm thinking of picking up Vinyl Collection next.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...