Maybelline Rose Redefined Color Elixir Review+Swatches




 Maybelline says fall under the spell of the elixir effect. Hyper-saturated color, ultra cushiony feel. The new hypnotic lip sensation. A trio of concentrates deliver the coor of a lipstick, the cushionary care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss." Color Elixirs are availabile in twenty shades, today I'm reviewing Rose Redefined. These glosses contain 5ml (.17 oz) of product and sell for around $8, though it may be a bit more or less, depending on where you buy. I received this gloss in Target's most recent Beauty Box. Maybelline is not cruelty free. This Color Elixir Lip Gloss was made in the USA.

 Packaging for Maybelline's Color Elixirs is kinda neat. These glosses come in clear, short, rectangular tubes with silver twist off caps. I love how compact the packaging is, its super portable. The well of gloss is shaped to look like a lipstick bullet. I've seen a few people complain, and call it misleading, but I think it looks cool. Equally cool is the short, plush applicator. This doefoot is fuzzier than most, and bent at a strange angle, The applicator comes to a precise point, making application easy. The shade name and number can be found on the bottom of the tube.
 Maybelline's Color Elixirs are thick, smooth glosses that feel like they really nourish the lips. Despite the gloss' density, it isn't heavy or sticky in the least. Color Elixirs are pretty moisturizing, almost balm like to be honest. The texture and hydration level remind me a lot of Clarins' Instant Light Lip Perfectors, but I wouldn't as far as to the two products dupes. I get pretty decent wear from Rose Redefined, on average it lasts three hours on me. I've never noticed this gloss migrating outside of my lip line, but it will transfer off onto your coffee mug. Color Elixirs have such a strange scent - I really can't pinpoint it! In a previous review, I described it as grape-like, but I'm just not certain - let's call it artificial, generic, and fruity.
 Rose Redefined is a medium warm pink with no shimmer. This gloss has an intensely glossy, shiny finish that makes the lips appear smoother and fuller. Rose Redefined offers medium color coverage that doesn't seem to be buildable.
I really like Maybelline's Color Elixir Lip Glosses! Their texture is interesting - thick but not gooey, and quite moisturizing. Rose Redefined is an easy to wear, day-to-day color - the perfect medium rosy pink. I've been wearing this gloss a lot lately - its the shade I've been reaching for when I don't know what else to wear! I recommend Rose Redefined, and Maybelline's Color Elixirs in general. They're a bit pricey for a drugstore gloss, but it isn't too hard to find a sale or coupon. Either way - they're great, you need to try one, and I need more of them! 



Ingredients:
Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Indene Copolymer, Methyl Styrene, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydrogenated Styrene, Butadiene Copolymer, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dioleate, Bis-Behenyl, Isostearyl, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica Silylate, Pentylene Glycol, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentaerithrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Alumina, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Linalool, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Limonene, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone, Fragrance, -: Mica, May Contain +, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)


Leave a Comment

  1. I love this line too! I have a few myself and not to sound too sappy but they really are a joy to wear :p they're just so smooth and comfortable and I love the applicator! It feels like extra plush and soft. I guess that was kinda a rave but they deserve it! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are preaching it to me, friend! I agree 100%!

      Delete
  2. -provides many coupons for more purchase-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...