Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer Review+Swatches (Fair)

Maybelline says their new Master Conceal by Face Studio is a "master concealer. Our formula camouflages imperfections and dark circles with ultra resistant full coverage. Maximum conceal. No reveal." The Master Conceal concealer is available in just five shades, I use the lightest one, Fair. This concealer contains 12ml (.4 fl oz) and sells for $8-9 at the drugstore. Maybelline is not cruelty free. This liquid concealer was made in America.

I like the Master Conceal packaging - its super functional, and it looks just a little edgy! This concealer comes in an opaque, color matched tube, the product name is printed on the front of the tube in black lettering. Underneath the black plastic cap, you'll find a narrow dispenser that makes it easy to control how much concealer gets squeezed out - you gotta love that! Unfortunately, packaging is not recyclable. 
Maybelline's Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer is a light, thin concealer that is packed with pigment! Master Conceal is probably the most pigmented liquid concealer that I've ever used. In spite of it's heavily pigmented nature, this concealer has a wonderful, workable texture - seriously, there is no wrong way to apply Master Conceal  - though I do have a few preferred methods (fluffy blending brush for the under eyes, tiny precise brush or fingers for blemishes).  No matter what tools, you're sure to get a good blend - just be sure to work fast, because Master Conceal sets quickly! This liquid concealer offers medium to full, semi-buildable coverage, depending on what you're trying to hide. I think Master Conceal performs best when used to cover acne or discoloration. I don't love using Master Conceal on the under eyes, I personally find it a little bit too dry (it should be fine for oily undereyes though). Because Master Conceal is on the drier side, you don't have to set it if you don't want to - it'll wear pretty well either way. This concealer lasts about seven to eight hours on my normal skin.

Can I let yinz in on a little secret? I actually prefer Maybelline's Master Conceal as a foundation! I mix Master Conceal with a drop of argan oil (3:1 ratio) and apply it with fingers, and bounce over it with a wet Beauty Blender. This method provides natural, matte, medium coverage. I know I'll run through this 12ml tube quickly if I keep using it as a foundation - worth it tho.
 Fair is a light, yellow toned flesh shade. Fair is an alright match for my face, the undertone is spot on, but it's about half a shade too dark for me. That makes spot concealing a little difficult, to be honest. This shade is actually a great match for my body though, so it works out well as a foundation, if I blend down the my neck. This concealer has a natural matte finish.
[used all over as a foundation, unset.]
Maybelline's Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer is pretty good. The liquid consistency is easy to work with, and I''m super impressed at how pigmented this concealer is! Master Conceal provides medium full to full coverage that'll last all day. Like most drugstore concealers, the color range is limited, I'd like to see it expanded of course. The Fair shade isn't quite perfect for me, it's just a pinch too dark to use as a spot concealer. I have a lot of concealers to use right now, so I won't repurchase Master Conceal for a while, but I think it's pretty likely that this concealer will end up in my collection again one day. If you want an affordable, high coverage concealer, Maybelline's Master Conceal is a safe bet! 



ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane, Dimethicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Polyacrylamide, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium, Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol,Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Laureth-7, Methylisothiazolinone. (F.I.L. D166413/3).
disclosure:
this product was gifted to me

1 comment