Maybelline Auburn Brow Precise Shaping Pencil Review+Swatches




Maybelline Auburn Eyebrow Pencil
 Maybelline says their Brow Precise Shaping Pencil is their "first brow pencil to create perfect, naturally shaped brows. Only our ultra precise pencil + triangle grooming brush makes it easy. Fill gaps - keep unruly brows in place all day." The Brow Precise Shaping Pencil is available in four shades, I use Auburn, Each of these waxy pencils contain just .6 grams (.02 oz) of product and cost about $7 at drugstores and major retailers. Maybelline is not cruelty free. This eyebrow pencil was manufactured in Mexico.

 Maybelline's Brow Precise is a traditional wooden pencil with a color matched coating - a small, tapered spoolie is attached to the base of the pencil. The pencil sharpens fairly smoothly, and the sturdy tip doesn't snap off or crumble. The clear caps that cover both the pencil point and the spoolie are both garbage honestly, they've cracked and shattered long ago. I love the spoolie included on this brow shaping pencil, its the perfect size for combing through my brows, grooming them and distributing the color evenly. I bent my spoolie at a slight angle for more control, and I suggest you do the same. Packaging is recyclable.
 I don't have a ton of experience with eyebrow products in fact, this is my first ever brow pencil! From my understanding, there are two types of brow pencils - waxy ones, and powdery ones - and Maybelline's Brow Precise Shaping Pencil definitely falls into the waxy category. This ceraceous pencil has a bit of a drag to it, but when it comes to brow pencils I think that's a good thing, it helps keep your strokes short and hair like. That being said, I find it difficult to be very precise with this ironically named eyebrow pencil - it doesn't create very convincing brows if you need to draw a lot of hairs in. The Brow Precise pencil is much better suited to people (like me) that already have a good framework for their brows and just want to add a bit more structure or color. I use Maybelline's brow pencil by outlining the top and bottom of the brow, extending the tail just a bit, then rolling the pencil over my brow to deposit color. The waxy texture of Maybelline's Brow Precise Shaping Pencil provides light hold (if you need more, try topping it off with a clear gel like NYX Control Freak) This pencil adheres well to both skin and hair, so it lasts well, provided you're not rubbing your brows. The Brow Precise pencil is not waterproof and it may come off if you're sweating very heavily. Under average conditions, this pencil has lasted a full 8 hours on me.
Maybelline Eyebrow Pencil Auburn Swatch
 Auburn is actually a great shade for medium red hair to light auburn hair! The color is a warm light brown, the orange tones are quite subtle, and it isn't overly red at all! If you're strawberry blond, or have light red hair, you're better off opting with the Blonde shade. Since its hard to judge a brow color by swatches or brow closeups, you can click here to see Auburn in action in a full face shot.
Maybelline's Brow Precise Shaping Pencil isn't for everyone. If you need to fabricate most of an eyebrow, this is not the pencil for you. However, if you already have full brows and want to add shape, color, and hold - Brow Precise is a good choice! I love the Auburn shade - kudos to Maybelline for making a realistic shade for red heads. My only real problem with the Brow Precise Pencil is how fast I'm using it up - after a month of frequent (but not daily) use, I'm nearly out! Will I repurchase this brow pencil? I'ts pretty likely, but not straight away - I want to try more products and expand my knowledge of brow products.



Ingredients:
Water, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer Isohexadecane, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Nylon-12, Polysorbate 80, Steareth-20, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Oleate, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tetrasodium Edta, Potassium Sorbate, Silica. May Contain: MICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide.

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. 

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...