May Monthly LipPicks

May LipPicks are in. What are LipPicks? Every month of 2015, I'm choosing six glosses, and six lipsticks to use more often. This month's choices are pretty well varied, plenty of neutrals but also some brights. Lets take a look at my choices for May! Click though..

The Glosses:
Cargo Anguilla, Clarins Candy Shimmer, Maybelline Rose Redefined, Bourghese Brightside, NYX Cherry Cheesecake, Lime Crime Suedeberry
The Lipsticks:
Benefit BeneBalm, Mirabella Posy, Nars Rikugien, NYX Pops, Too Faced Naughty Nude, L'Oreal Shes's so Matte

 Borghese Eclissare Color Eclipse Gloss in Brightside is a sheer golden champagne with plentiful fine shimmer that'll provide a subtle glisten on it's own, or a frosty, warm topper for most of my other picks.
 L'Oreal's Le Matte in She's so Matte is a limited edition lipstick from summer of 2013. I used the heck out of She's so Matte when it was new, but I put it to the side and forgot about it which is unfortunate because it's great! The rose petal matte finish is lovely, and this lipstick is so long lasting!
I lusted after Clarins' Candy Shimmer Instant Light Lip Perfector for years, and I love this silky, *my lips but better* shade so much! I look forward to getting to know this product better, and I'll be reviewing it shortly.
While I no longer support Lime Crime due to horrid business practices, I don't want to toss out their Velvetine in Suedeberry, because I quite like it. This is a beautiful bright red with a soft matte finish that lasts for hours.
Too Faced Naughty Nude La Creme Lipstick is such an easy, tan toned nude for me to pull off. I'm testing it out for review right now, but I think I'll be reaching for it long after that post has gone up.
NYX Cherry Cheesecake Butter Gloss is a bold orange that's opaque enough to wear on it's own, but still has a sheerness that makes it easy to layer.
One of my favorite YouTubers, Mary (ALoveTart), recommends NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops all the time, so I redeemed some IpsyPoints for it while it was up for grabs. I tried it on for the first time in this swatch, and I like it, I'm looking forward to trying it more throughout the month.
Quite similar to Pops is NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien. This is a beautiful tan/rose shade with a slightly shimmery finish. Rikugien is flattering, and I love the formula. What a great intro to NARS products.
Benefit's BeneBalm is an awesome moisturizing balm that leaves behind the slightest red tint. This tinted balm is worked down to a tiny nub, so expect to see it (and PosieBalm) in my empties soon!
Cargo's Anguilla Lip Gloss is a chalky, milky, horribly unflattering light pink. Wow, this is not appealing. I'm making it my mission in May to make Anguilla workable...or at least not so terrible.
Maybelline's Rose Redefined Color Elixir is a medium rosy pink with a patent leather shine. I really do like the Color Elixir formula, its so thick and plush without being sticky. Expect a review of this gloss soon!
Honestly I forgot about Mirabella's Posy Colour Sheer Lipstick, which is unfortunate, because the formula is nice - it reminds me a lot of Maybelline's Color Whispers. The light berry color isn't doing much for me right now, but I might warm up to it.




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

1 comment