Kiehl's Lavender Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub Review




 Kiehl's says "this cream and highly effective body scrub gently, yet effectively exfoliates to remove dead surface skin cells without over drying. Formulated with gentle, natural exfoliation particles and skin enriching emollients that help to smooth skin, our unique 'body scrubber' leaves skin silky soft, refreshed, and primed for moisturization." This body scrub is available in three scents - coriander, grapefruit, and the subject of this review, lavender. Kiehl's Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub contains 200ml (6.8 fl oz) and sells for $28. Kiehl's is not cruelty free. This scrub was made in America.

 Kiehl's Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub comes in a tall, opaque white squeeze tube. A product description, directions, and a full ingredient list are printed on the front of the tube. I love squeeze tubes, yinz know that, so its no surprise that I am down with this product's packaging. Its functional, sanitary, and shower friendly - plus its recyclable.
 Kiehl's Gently Exfoliating Body Scrubs have a creamy base with medium sized exfoliating granules that vary slightly in size. The base of this scrub creates a light, moist lather that rinses away cleanly. The little scrubby bits are another story tho! Kiehl's exfoliating particles are, as promised, gentle and effective - they break down into a fine powder as they scrub, which is super difficult to rinse off.  This scrub leaves my skin softer and smoother, and it prolongs that silky feeling between shaves, but I can't say the results are anything extraordinary. The difficult to rinse, gritty residue leaves my skin itchy though, I swear I still find some of this stuff on my skin no matter how much I wash and rinse. This scrub has a natural lavender scent that I personally find obnoxious (I just hate lavender, sorry), but luckily for me, the scent doesn't linger on my skin. Its also important to note that lavender is pretty bad for your skin.
Kiehl's Lavender Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub is just ok for me. The texture of this scrub is nice, and it does provide mild exfoliation as promised - I'd say its gentle enough to use every day if you really want. However, I find the exfoliating particles difficult to rinse away, and the remnants are itchy and annoying. I don't personally care for the scent, but I can't fault the product for smelling exactly how its supposed to. On top of the flawed formula that has the potential to be harmful to your skin, I think Kiehl's body scrub is extremely expensive for what it is - and for that reason I wouldn't repurchase or recommend it.




Ingredients:

Water, Polyethylene, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Distearate, Laureth-2, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa Starch / Rice Starch, Cocamide Mipa, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide, Luffa Cylindrica / Luffa Cylindrica Fruit, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil / Lavender Oil, Tocopherol, Methyl Cocoate, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Cocoate, Avena Sativa Flour / Oat Kernel Flour, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil / Wheat Germ Oil, Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract

Disclosure:

This product was sent to me by L'Oreal Consumer Testing Panel in exchange for participating in a study. this post contains affiliated links/referral codes

Leave a Comment

  1. I didn't know lavender was bad for your skin. I love the smell of lavender. Woe is me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lavender kills cells. =( It shouldn't be too much of a worry in rinse off products like this, but its no good in products that sit on the skin for periods of time.

      Delete
  2. This is why we have extra cells n.n

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...