We Had Our Best Anniversary Yet!

Dean and I celebrated our seven year anniversary on Wednesday, April 22. The day started off pretty chill, we addressed our save the date magnets and worked on our latest puzzle - nothing exciting, but that changed completely at about six o'clock. Click through to see the unbelievable surprise that gave us the best anniversary ever! 

 Dean and I never miss an opportunity to go to an outdoor screening of a Penguins playoff game, so despite the cold, rainy weather we arrived at PPG Place around 5:30 to watch the game. We settled in, munched some snacks, and tried to get warm. A photographer noticed our trusty "Sydney Aus for Sidney Cros!" sign, and asked for few photos. We agreed, and thought nothing of it, til he came back with an interviewer and producer. They told us they were filming a clip for their website and asked us a couple questions - who's our favorite player? how long have we been Pens fans? what does it mean to be a Pens fan? At the end of the interview, we were informed that we won two tickets to the Pens/Rangers game! Neither of us could register what happened...this is not the kind of stuff that happens to us! 
We were directed to a white limo, where we met the two other winners, The ride from PPG Place to Consol Energy Center was quick, and arriving at the arena was too cool. We entered through the players and administrative entrance, so I got to see parts of the arena that are usually off limits. 
Our seats were amazing. All four of us sat in the middle of Section 120, so we had a perfect, unobstructed view of the entire rink! I've never had such good seats at a hockey game before - I always sit in the upper bowl of the arena. 
To top it off the Penguins were playing the New York Rangers, my second favorite team. I've been dreaming of going to a Pens/Rangers game for at least five years. I won't go into detail about the game, since its been thoroughly covered by pro sports writers and hockey bloggers, but I will say that it was a great, evenly matched game that unfortunately ended in an overtime loss for the Penguins. Of course I was disappointed, but this was easily the best game I've ever been to! 

I still can't believe this happened. The whole night was so incredible, I can't thank First Niagara Bank or the Pittsburgh Penguins enough for this amazing experience! Unfortunately, the Penguins have been eliminated from the playoffs (the end half of their season was pretty disappointing), but this game has left me more excited for hockey than ever! 
Watch us awkwardly react to some exciting news.

Disclosure:
This post was not sponsored by First Niagara, the Pittsburgh Penguins, or the NHL. 

7 comments

  1. Awwww! What a great surprise for you two. This was such an exciting post to read!! Too bad for the Penguins haha, but I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

      Delete
  2. That's sooo awesome!! When I saw your limo pic on Instagram I was wondering what was going on! I'm so happy for you two since I know you're both huge fans :D oh and don't worry if I woulda been in your shoes I don't think I woulda believed it either, I'd probably think it's a scam and I'm gonna get kidnapped or something lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And happy Anniversary of course!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks <3 not gonna lie, a scam crossed my mind briefly!

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete