Nivea Kiss of Olive Oil&Lemon Moisture Rich Lip Care Review




Nivea Kiss of Olive Oil&Lemon Lip Balm
 Nivea says "take comfort in the nourishment of an Olive Oil&Lemon Kiss. This lip balm formula combines the moisturizing effects of Olive Oil, with the power of Lemons to sooth and nourish dry, rough lips. Enriched with lemon extract and vitamin E to leave lips feeling soft and looking smooth." The Nivea A Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon Moisture Rich Lip Care contains 4.8 grams (.17 oz) of product and sells for a reasonable three bucks at drugstores and major retailers. Unfortunately, Nivea is not cruelty free. This lip balm was made in Germany.

Nivea Kiss of Olive Oil&Lemon Lip Balm
 Nivea's Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon lip balm has simple packaging. This stick style lip balm is housed in a white twist up tube that's topped with a translucent green cap that bears the Nivea logo and product name. A full ingredient list can be found on the back of the cap. Packaging doesn't seem to be recyclable.
 I've never tried any Nivea products, and I wanted a change from my usual rotation of Maybelline Baby Lips - so I picked up this seemingly Mediterranean inspired lip balm. Emily Noel had good stuff to say about it, so I figured I'd like it. I've used about a third of this lip balm, and I have mixed feelings (that lean kinda negative). Nivea's A Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon Moisture Rich Lip Care has a light, silky texture that feels moisturizing and comfortable - but the formula doesn't seem to be truly hydrating. Despite the beneficial ingredients (shea butter, glycerin, olive extract, and castor oil), my lips never feel nourished. Reapplication is necessary and frequent - applying this lip balm once every two hours or so gets me no where. My lips always remain in the exact same state. I do think that Nivea's lemon and olive infused balm would be good for sealing in moisture and preventing chapping. This green lip balm comes across as colorless on the lips, with low level shine that fades away in about 20 minutes. The Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon is much different than I expect. I thought it would be a little salad dressing-esque, but its surprisingly fruity and pleasant!
Nivea's A Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon Moisture Rich Lip Care is ok. This lip balm is lightly moisturizing, but it doesn't really get my lips to a better place. I like the light, mildly fruity flavor a lot actually - its my favorite part of the product, aside from the price point. I won't be repurchasing any of Nivea's "A Kiss of" lip balms, I'll stick to Baby Lips, thanks. 



Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyisobutene, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Myristyl Myristate, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Juice, Fragrance, Beeswax, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Water, Maltodextrin, BHT, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake.

Leave a Comment

  1. Eh, I've never really had luck with Nivea lip balms either :/ I've never seen this one in stores...I used to look for it but then I remember Nivea doesn't really do me any favors lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna try one of their lip butters, but I think I'll be staying away from their balms. Glad I'm not the only one they don't work for.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...