Laneige Water Sleeping Mask Review




Laneige says "recharge dehydrated skin overnight. Highly concentrated, ionized mineral water and ceramides deliver intensive doses of moisture to stressed, parched skin. Aromatic Sleepscent -- orange flower, rose and sandalwood -- relaxes and rejuvenates while apricot and chestnut extracts brighten and purify fatigued skin. The result: skin looks and feels radiant, refreshed. Wake up to soft, glowing skin with Water Sleeping Mask" This overnight moisture mask contains 80ml and sells for $23; I received a deluxe sample of it in Target's Winter Beauty Box. Laneige, for those unfamiliar with the brand, is a Korean beauty brand that's sold exclusively at Target here in the States. This product was made in Korea. I'm finding a lot of conflicting information about Laneige's animal testing policy, so I encourage you to do your own research before deciding if this brand is right for you. 

 Laneige's Water Sleeping Mask comes in a light blue, opaque jar. There isn't very much information on the jar it's self, but the box it arrived in offered directions and a full ingredient list. I don't really like skincare in a jar, yinz know me, I like everything to be in a squeeze tube, so I'd love to see Laneige repackage this product. All packaging is recyclable.
 The Water Sleeping Mask is a light blue, fluid gel. Laneige recommends applying a thin layer of this mask once or twice a week (I opt for just once), and leaving it on overnight. This gel mask feels kinda tacky for about 10-20 minutes after application, before it dries down to a barely noticeable film. I've never experienced Laneige's mask rubbing off during the night, or leaving a residue on my pillow. In the morning, this mask rinses away easily and I have mixed feelings about the results. The Water Sleeping Mask certainly adds a serge of moisture, plumping up my skin significantly. However, this mask also gives me one angry, red, painful pimple. Just one, every time, somewhere different. I'm not sure if Laneige's Water Sleeping Mask is over hydrating my skin, or if my skin doesn't like a certain ingredient or what. Either way, I've stopped using this mask because the last thing I need right now is more breakouts. This gel mask has a light, perfumey scent.
Laneige's Water Sleeping Mask is not for me. It benefits most of my complexion, but it destroys a small spot of my skin with every use. I liked trying Laneige's Water Sleeping Mask, it was novel, if anything. If you have dry skin and want to try something new and fun, Laneige's Water Sleeping Mask could be a good fit for you. Oilier and more acne prone skins will want to steer clear though.



Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitamide MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. I have used this for a few months and I enjoy it. I find it quite moisturizing and light enough for me to "sleep on it". Some masks are so thick in texture that half of it ended up on my pillowcase throughout the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it works out for you. I have to agree that its just the right texture to sleep in!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...