April 2015 Ipsy Bag - Beautifully Bohemian

April 2015 Ipsy Bag Beautifully Bohemian
 My April Ipsy Bag arrived on my birthday, how nice! :3 This month, I got five products, as well as a bonus product (thanks to those whole subscribed with my referral link!). This isn't my favorite bag, but its an improvement on last month's bag, for sure! If you're not familiar with Ipsy, let me fill you in real quick - this is a monthly beauty subscription that sends you 4-6 products a month, in a new makeup bag for just $10/month!

This month, Ipsy partnered with twenty six brands - lots of them new to Ipsy!

New Partnerships: Lather, Jo'Rel Parker, Bonita Cosmetics. Theorie, KCO Colors, Pandora's Makeup Box, Gallany Cosmetics, Ziaja, Redken, Aromachology, Essence, Mullein&Sparrow,

Repeat Partnerships:
Julie G for Jesse's Girl, theBalm, Olive Natural, Crown Brush, Mica Beauty, Klorane, Starlooks, Juice Beauty, Mally Beauty, Evelyn Iona, Hey Honey, Too Faced, Hikari, Elizabeth Arden.

Click through to see what came in my April Ipsy Bag!


Jesse's Girl Damsel Nail Polish
 Julie G Nail Color in Damsel 
Full Size - $4

My Thoughts:
Nail Polish and I have such a complicated relationship. For about 5 years, I couldn't wear polish due to my job, I had to sneak it on during weekends or days off. I quit that job, and I'm enjoying wearing nail polish again - even though I have shitty nails and cuticles from hell! Damsel, a bright magenta, isn't exactly my color, but I'll still test it out. 

The Claims:
You won’t be a damsel in distress with this JulieG Nail Color! Highly-pigmented, no chip formula, with a brush applicator that glides on smooth for the perfect application.

The Offer:
20% off at jessesgirlcosmetics.com with code IPSY2015APR. $1 coupon in box. exp 5/31/15
Mica Beauty Eye Primer
 Mica Beauty Eye Primer 
Deluxe Sample (4g) - $22.47
Full Size (8g) - $44.95

My Thoughts:
I'm always down to try a new eye primer! Ipsy sent me an email informing me that some subscribers found discolored spots in their eye primer, but advised us not to worry, because Mica Beauty tested the batch and found it safe. My primer doesn't show any signs of discoloration - just a few little air bubbles, so I'll go ahead and use it.

The Claims:
MicaBeauty Eye Primer is perfect for everything from sealing in eye shadows and foundation, to enhancing your all-day look. Go from shimmer to matte in just seconds. This waterproof formula provides the perfect foundation for a long-lasting, smudge proof look that is designed for your active lifestyle. This eye primer helps even out skin tone as well as extending and intensifying your mineral eye shadows, without creasing, smearing, or fading.

The Offer:
40% off micabeauty.com with code IPSY2015. exp 5/31/15
theBalm Fit Eyeshadow single
theBalm Eyeshadow in Fit 
 Deluxe Sample - $3
Full Size Nude Dude Palette - $36

My Thoughts:
I LOVE theBalm's eyeshadows! They're so good - pigmented, soft, and blendable - plus the packaging is undeniably cute. This is a full sized shadow from their newest palette - Nude Dude. A couple shades were sent out, I received Fit, a shimmery bronze shade that I'll definitely get a lot of use from. I hope Ipsy and theBalm team up more often! 

The Claims:
Introducing theBalm's latest addition to the Nude series... Nude Dude! Get a quick look using any combination of these triple-milled shadows or dress up your look by adding water to transform your favorite shades into loyal liners. The shadows can be worn wet or dry and alone or layered for added intensity, so go ahead and cover (or uncover) your eyes.

The Offer:
20% off thebalm.com with code IPSY20. exp 5/31/15

Olive Naturals Lip Balm
Olive Natural Oats&Honey Lip Balm 
Full Size - $5.59

My Thoughts:
I like trying new lip balms, and new indie brands! This sweet, mildly flavored, petroleum free lip balm is infused with olive oil to hydrate and soften the lips. This lip balm may not be flashy, but its definitely something I'll use!

The Claims:
Who doesn’t want soft, moist, kissable lips? Olive Natural Beauty’s proprietary formula harnesses organic and luxurious extra virgin olive oil for enduring moisture with no added synthetics or chemicals so your lips are always ready for that spontaneous kiss. Olive Natural Beauty uses animal cruelty-free beeswax cultivated at a higher altitude to produce the most pure wax, protecting your lips from the elements while allowing them to breathe and stay plump. With Olive Natural Beauty’s petroleum-free lip balm, you’ll forget all about dry and cracked lips as well as those other lip balms in your purse. It’s a lip tease–we know!

The Offer:
20% off olivenaturalbeauty.com with code IPSYOLIVE20 + free gift w/ orders over $20 exp 5/31/15
Crown Brush Oval Concealer Brush
Crown Brush Oval Concealer Brush 
Full Size - 7.45

My Thoughts:
While I love getting new brushes, I'm not very enthusiastic about this one. I don't really use concealer brushes, plus I feel like its too large and flimsy for concealer. I'll still give it a shot and try to find use for it, but I could've done without this brush. 


The Claims:
The Crown Brush Oval Concealer Brush is made of 100% Flexible Japanese Torray Taklon Bristles (synthetic). The brush can be used for application and blending of all concealer formulas, emollient products and for applying cream based shadows. The tapered tip is for precision placement and great for use around the lip area to conceal when wearing bold colors.

The Offer:
30% off crownbrush.us with code CrownIpsy30. exp 5/31/15

Bonus Product - NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops! ($6)
________________________________________________
Total Value of my April Ipsy Bag:
$42.87 

A good bag, all around. I like pretty much everything, and they'll all get good use from me! I didn't get any of the products I really wanted, but that's fine for me, since everything pleases me. Here's to hoping next month's bag is just as good (or better!).
What did you get in your April Ipsy Bag?




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

4 comments

  1. I was on the fence about my bag this month...I got the balm shadow in I think flirty and I was thrilled about that...I got klorane dry shampoo which I like, and needed more dry shampoo so that was okay...I got the same nail polish, wasn't too psyched about it, it's kinda boring but I do like the brand...I got the eye primer too, I'll try it but I'm not excited to lol, and I got a hikari blush that looked like a beautiful shade but I was gonna give it away bc I don't wear blush but it was shattered :( like I don't even know how it broke so bad bc some of the powder actually made it out of the box into the bag :O but I'm gonna email them, I'm sure they'll do something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And I got the nyx lipstick in pops last month and it is awesome, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an ok bag! IpsyCare is usually great about replacing products, hopefully your new blush will be in good shape when you get it. I wore NYX Pops yesterday and I already adore it!

      Delete