Pura D'or Argan Oil Review

 Pura D'Or says their pure and organic argan oil is "produced using the highest standards in the industry. Our Argan oil is imported from South Western Morocco. Cold Pressed, unrefined with no chemicals added. Safe for all skin, hair and nail types". Pura D'Or's Argan Oil contains 4 fl oz (118 ml) and sells for $48. The brand was kind enough to send me a 1 fl oz bottle for review. Pura D'Or is cruelty free. This argan oil was made in Morocco and bottled in the USA.

 Pura D'Or's Argan Oil comes in a brown tinted glass bottle. A gold label wraps around the bottle, offering plenty of product information and directions on how to use this oil. My little bottle has an eye dropper dispenser, but it seems like the larger version has a pump. I'd be pleased with either, they're both convenient. My bottle of argan oil came in a nice canvas pouch. Packaging is recyclable.
 Pure argan oil is great for so many things! This lightweight, yellowy oil spreads over the skin nicely, just one or two drops is all you need. Argan oil does take a few minute to full absorb into the skin or nails, but hair (at least mine) seem to suck it right up. I've been using Pura D'Or's Argan Oil for a few different things, let me break it down for you:

Hair: I love hair oils, but argan isn't really my oil of choice (I much prefer Bhringraj oil). Personally, I find that argan oil weighs my hair down, and makes it a bit greasy, no matter how little I use. On the other hand, I love using argan oil for conditioning my eyelashes and stimulating growth.

Nails: After years of abuse and nail biting, my finger nails are struggling to grow out. I've been using Pura D'Or's Argan Oil on them every other night to nourish and condition them (and to help tame my cuticles from hell). While I can't say the results are miraculous, I can tell you that my nails are less brittle and growing slightly faster.

Skin: So many bloggers will claim that argan oil is ~the best facial moisturizer in the world!~, but I respectfully disagree. I don't really like using argan oil on it's own, but I do like adding a drop into my nighttime moisturizer for an extra punch of hydration. Pura D'Or's Argan Oil doesn't feel heavy on the skin, nor has it caused me to break out - quite the opposite of both! I also use a bit of this oil to remove stubborn bits of makeup and correct small mistakes.
[Bonus travel pouch?]
Pura D'Or's Argan Oil isn't different from any other pure argan oil on the market - but that's a good thing! Compared to the most popular argan option, Josie Maran's Pure Argan Oil, Pura D'or's oil is a steal! Pura D'Ore's 4 oz bottle costs the same as Josie Maran's 1,7 oz bottle ($48); and Josie' 4 oz bottle sells for almost $100! I recommend Pura D'Or's Argan Oil - its comparatively affordable, and a great quality, multi-purpose oil. 


Ingredients:
Argan Oil 

Disclosure:
These products were sent to me for review. My opinions are not influenced by Pura D'Or, BrandBacker, or any other third party.

1 comment