NYX Sydney Soft Matte Lip Cream Review+Swatches

NYX says "neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing." The Soft Matte Lip Cream s are available in twenty two shades, today I'm reviewing Sydney. These matte lip colors contain 8ml of product and cost just $6. NYX is cruelty free. This product was made in China. 

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams come in opaque, color matched tubes with a black rubberized cap. The NYX logo and product name are printed on the front of the tube, a full ingredient list can be found on the side of the tube. The shade name and number are labeled on the bottom of the tube. NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams have a basic doefoot applicator. All packaging is recyclable. 
Wow, NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are GREAT. I totally understand all the hype. Soft Matte Lip Cream is such a fitting name for this product. This liquid lip color has a lightweight, velvety formula that glide onto the lips with fully opaque color payoff. Like so many matte lip products, I expected NYX' Soft Matte Lip Cream to be drying and clingy - but no, not at all! In fact, this product is super comfortable, though I wouldn't call it moisturizing. The Soft Matte Lip Creams don't adhere to dry patches or settle into lip lines. I get excellent wear from Sydney, it lasts between three and four hours on me, without any transferring. This product has a vague sweet scent but no flavor. 
 NYX describes Sydney as a "soft lavender" and I'm like ????? because this isn't even close to what I consider to be lavender. Sydney is a light, blue toned bubble gum pink with a powdery matte finish. Not really my color honestly, but I spend a lot of time in Sydney and wanted it for the name, really.
NYX Sydney Soft Matte Lip Cream Lips
Sydney may not be the best color for me, but I love NYX' Soft Matte Lip Cream's formula! This liquid lip color is just so good - long wearing, comfortable, and hella pigmented. And the price point? So reasonable! I will certainly be picking up more Soft Matte Lip Creams, there's at least six shades that I want. If you love matte lip products and haven't tried NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams yet, you have to, you will not be disappointed. 


Ingredients:
Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone,Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone /Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane,Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain:CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na.Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 AlLake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 AlLake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499(Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (TitaniumDioxide).

4 comments

  1. Hmm, not really my color either! Still, I need to try these out! I think I had one and I never tried it and gave it to my mom :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sydney definitely doesn't mesh with red hair =\. There are so many beautiful colors in this range though that are definitely worth trying.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah this color really don't say "Sydney" to me. If it really wanted to be Aussie it'd be that weird white-nude gloss your sister and her friends wear.

      Delete