March Monthly LipPicks




 Last month, I embarked on a mission to finish more lip products. My collection of lipsticks, glosses, and stains has been growing, and I need to work through a some products that are starting to get old. For the rest of 2015, I'll be choosing six lipsticks and six lip glosses to use more often. Lets take a look at the products I chose for March.

 The Lipsticks:
Revlon Cherry Tart, NYC Violet Shine, Revlon Coquette, Pop Coral Crush. Rimmel Drive Me Nude, CityColor Cappuccino 
 The Glosses:
Rimmel Luna, NYX Beat Goes On, Benefit Rockateur, NYX Sydney, ELF Watermelon, L'Oreal Caramel Solo 
 Revlon Cherry Tart Lip Butter is a cool toned red with a bit of shimmer to it. This was my first Revlon Lip Butter, and I never really liked it to be honest - its kinda drying. I'll probably toss Cherry Tart after this month, its getting a little old. 
 NYC's Violet Shine Ultra Moist Lipstick is an old favorite of mine. This subtle lilac is buildable and so comfortable to wear. Color payoff is sheer, but very buildable. The best thing about Violet Shine? It's only a dollar.
 Revlon Color Burst Lacquer Balm in Coquette is a cool, bright pink with a lovely glossy finish. Just like Violet Shine, Coquette has buildable color payoff and a wonderful texture.
 Pop Beauty's Coral Crush Pouty Pop Lip Crayon is a bright, pinky coral. This is one of my go-to summer lip colors, but I want to have it on hand this month to celebrate the one or two spring-y days that might pop up.
 Rimmel's Drive Me Nude is a mauvey, almost taupey nude that's  really quite flattering on my fair skin. The formula is balmy and and quite hydrating - and it has a wonderful vanilla flavor
 City Color's Cappuccino Be Matte Lipstick is a orangier nude that doesn't look very good on me. The formula is also extremely matte and waxy. I selected Cappuccino as a kind of challenge, to see if I can find a way to make it work. I'll also be testing this shade for review this month.
 Rimmel's Luna Apocalips Lip Lacquer is another unflattering, orangey shade that I'm trying to make work. I like the Apocalips formula, it wears well on me - but as you can see, Luna is uneven and streaky - though it doesn't remain as glossy as it appears above.
 NYX Aqua Luxe Gloss in Beat Goes On is a shimmery, pearlescent light pink with gold reflect. This gloss looks a little garish on it's own, but applied sheerly over other colors, its quite stunning. Beat Goes On is being tested and review this month.
 Benefit's Rockateur Ultra Plush Gloss was a favorite this summer, but I think the rosy tan nature of this shade also suits early spring. Rockateur is the kind of color that goes with anything, and the Ultra Plush formula is fantastic - one of my high end favorites.
 NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sydney was kind of a random pick up for me. Several readers and Tumblr followers encouraged me to try these matte, high pigment lip colors, and I hard time choosing one. I picked up Sydney, mostly based off the name, and didn't really consider the color - a soft, cool pink, which I find a little hard to pull off. Sydney is being tested for review.
 ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine in Watermelon is a beautiful, watermelon pink (as the name would suggest). This color is so easy to wear, and the Super Glossy Lip Shine is an awesome formula, considering it's from ELF's $1 range. This gloss is getting old and needs to be used up in the next few months.
L'Oreal's Colour Riche Extraordinary Lip Color in Caramel Solo hasn't been touched since this time last year. I've never really been a big fan of this lip lacquer, its thick, difficult to apply in an even layer (as you can see), and its messy - it slips and transfers like crazy. The brownish shade may look unflattering in my closeup shot, but it actually works for me.



Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...