L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara Review




 L'Oreal says "stretch and extend your lashes like wings. Introducing Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara, now with a breakthrough double-winged tip butterfly brush that fans out and loads lashes with up to 9x the volume, for a bolder, more intense ultra-fanned look." Butterfly Intenza is the newest member of L'Oreal's ever growing line of Voluminous Mascaras. This mascara, which is available in both washable and waterproof formulas, contains 7.5ml (.25 fl oz) and sells for about $9 at the drugstore. I received the Butterfly Intenza Mascara in Target's most recent Beauty Box, Unfortunately, L'Oreal is not cruelty free. This mascara was made in the USA.

The Butterfly Intenza Mascara come in a silver striped tube with a metallic red cap; the product name is printed on the front of the tube. L'Oreal's Butterfly Intenza Mascara has a crazy brush. The red rubber brush is triangular on two sides, and rounded on the other sides, with medium length, wide spaced bristles. Each panel of the brush yields a different result, the rounded side creates volume while the triangular areas lift and lengthen then the lashes. I'm not sure if its my eye shape or what, but I find this brush a difficult to get into my inner corners, and nearly impossible to use on my lower lashes. 
 L'Oreal's Butterfly Intenza Mascara has a slightly wet formula - its pretty much identical to the Miss Manga (and probably all Voluminous mascaras) formula. Like I mentioned in the previous paragraph, you can get multiple effects from the Butterfly Intenza Mascara, depending on how you apply it. I tend to use both panels of the brush for the maximum effect. My application method results in lengthened lashes, with slight clumping, and not much volume to speak of. At first, this mascara provides amazing lift to the lashes, but they slowly collapse and straighten out. I've had very variable wear from this mascara. For the most part, Butterfly Intenza wears all day with no problem, but every once in a while it will flake off completely, I'm talking black flakes all over my face with nothing on my lashes. I'm not sure what causes this random flaking - the same thing happened with the Miss Manga Mascara - but I don't feel like I can depend on Butterfly Intenza to last all day, everyday. This washable mascara is easily removed with cleanser or makeup remover.
[1 coat]
L'Oreal's Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara has a really unique brush that I find difficult to work with. This multi-effect mascara provides intense lashes in just one or two coats, but unfortunately the results may not last. Seriously, what causes the seemingly random flaking? Is it just me? Personally, I won't be repurchasing this mascara, since I can't rely on it to last. If you have good luck with L'Oreal's Voluminous formula, and like long, slightly clumpy lashes, Butterfly Intenza may be a good fit for you. 


Ingredients:
Aqua / Water / Eau·paraffin· Potassium Cetyl Phosphate· Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille· Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba· Acacia Senegal / Acacia Senegal Gum· Glycerin· Cetyl Alcohol· Hydroxyethylcellulose· Phenoxyethanol· Peg/ppg-17/18 Dimethicone· Steareth-20· Phenyl Ethyl Alcohol· Sodium Polymethacrylate· Propylene Glycol· Rayon · Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil· Hydrogenated Palm Oil· Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate· Silica· Disodium Edta· Polyquaternium-10· Soluble Collagen· Panthenol· Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate· Atelocollagen· [+/- May Contain / Peut Contenir Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides Ci 77007 / Ultramarines Mica Ci 75470 / Carmine Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide Ci 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide ]

Leave a Comment

  1. Mary! You're a winner of my Borghese giveaway! I sent you an email to the one provided on the giveaway, but I'm not sure if you received it. Could you shoot me an email at skinstuffbykaty@yahoo.com with your address info?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...