Covergirl Ultra Smooth Hair Smoothing Foundation Review+Swatches (Creamy Natural)




 Covergirl's Ultra Smooth Hair Smoothing Foundation is a "revolutionary foundation and applicator" that "minimizes the appearance of fine facial hair and flow. Included Olay hair smoothing serum. Applicator works with foundation to glide foundation over flaws and facial hair for a perfectly smooth look." This liquid foundation contains 25ml (.84 fl oz) and sells for between $13-16 at the drugstore. The Ultra Smooth Foundation is available in twelve shades, today I'm writing about Creamy Natural. I received this foundation in Influenster's Refresh Vox Box. Covergirl is not cruelty free. this product was made in the USA.

The Ultra Smooth Hair Smoothing Foundation comes in a squeeze tube that's half fuchsia, half clear. The CG logo and product name are printed on the front of the tube, the shade name and directions can be found on the back. I like the design of the bottle, it's attractive, functional, and compact. 

Part of the Ultra Smooth Hair Smoothing Foundation's gimmick is it's "smoothing applicator" - a bright pink, rubber disk with the Covergirl logo embossed onto it. Covergirl suggests squeezing the foundation directly onto the desk and swiping it onto the face in the direction of your facial hair's growth. I'll just come right out and say it - it doesn't work. This rubber disk will smooth hairs down, to an extent, but it cannot apply and blend product evenly - causing a streaky finish that'll need to be corrected with another tool. On top of that, I feel like this applicator tugs at the skin quite a bit. All and all, I don't think this applicator is worth using. On the bright side, it's every easy to clean. 
Covergirl's Ultra Smooth Foundation has a really nice, moist, medium weight consistency that's very easy to apply and blend with any tool (except it's intended applicator!). Personally, I like to apply Ultra Smooth with my fingers, then buff it in with Bdellium Tool's Slanted Precision Kabuki, and pat over it with a damp Beauty Blender to finish. 

The Ultra Smooth Hair Smoothing Foundation has light coverage that can be built up to almost medium, but not quite. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of coverage. This foundation will even out your complexion, but it won't mask major discoloration or acne. This foundation has a lovely finish, I'd call it a natural satin. Covergirl's Ultra Smooth Foundation sits nicely on the skin, it smooths over dry patches, and doesn't sink into pores. This foundation never fully sets, it always has a moist tackiness to it. Even when set with a powder (ELF'S HD Powder works best), this foundation still feels slightly wet to the touch. 

Covergirl's Ultra Smooth Hair Smoothing Foundation wears poorly on me. On my normal skin, this foundation begins to break down after three hours, and is practically gone by hour six. This liquid foundation is quite prone to transferring off, which is a rare problem for me. It seems as though Covergirl's Ultra Smooth Foundation is best suited to dry to normal skin, and should be avoided by those with oilier skin types. This foundation is fragrance free and contains a relatively small amount of alcohol, so it should be ok for sensitive skin. The Ultra Smooth Hair Smoothing Foundation doesn't offer any SPF sun protection, so flashback is definitely not a problem. 
Influenster sent me the color Creamy Natural, which is the third lightest shade. Wow, this foundation is way too dark for me. Creamy Natural is a warm, light-medium color - and when I say the undertone is warm, I mean that it's very peachy, almost a little orangey. Covergirl foundations tend to run dark in my experience, and that holds true for the Ultra Smooth line - it looks like even the palest shade would be too dark for me. Because this foundation is such a poor match for me, I was not comfortable including a before and after shot. 
Covergirl's Ultra Smooth Hair Smoothing Foundation isn't for me. The disk shaped applicator and hair smoothing properties are complete gimmicks, but I think we all saw that coming. This foundation has a great texture, its so easy to apply. While I really like this liquid foundation's finish, I would personally prefer more coverage. This foundation's formula is not suited to my sin type, so it wore poorly on me, but I think those with drier skin would have much better luck. I don't recommend this foundation. It could suit dry skin that needs light coverage, but there are so many foundations that'll do the same thing for less than $14.



Ingredients:
Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Talc, Stearoyl Inulin, Pentylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-5 Polyricinoleate, Dimethicone, Bht, 1,2-Hexanediol, Magnesium Stearate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg=10/1 Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Hexamidine Diisethionate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methicone, May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Disclosure: 

This product was sent to me by Influenster for review. My opinions are not influenced by Influenster, Covergirl, or any other third party.  This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...