Barry M Alpha Gelly Hi Shine Lip Crayon Review+Swatches

Barry M says their Gelly Hi Shine Lip Crayons "bring a gleaming new meaning to the power pout. Soft, moisturizing lip crayons in 7 hot shades with their ultra-rich, highly pigmented formula, Gelly Hi Shine Lips create an intense depth of colour with an unbelievable sheen. Love shine? Wear new Hi Gelly Shine Lips with Barry M's famous Gelly Nail Paint for the ultimate glossy look." Today I'm reviewing Alpha. These lip crayons sell for £5, or about $7.50 USD. My friend, Rae, was kind enough to send this lip crayon to me as a gift. Barry M is cruelty free.

The Gelly Hi Shine Lip Crayons have simple, but inconvenient packaging. These color matched crayons are topped with shiny, silver caps. The product name and Barry M logo are printed on the pencil in sterling letters; unfortunately the shade name is not indicated anywhere on the packaging. Unfortunately, Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine crayons do not twist up, and need to be sharpened. I hate that - its such a messy process and it makes it cumbersome to bring along with you.
I think by now we can all agree that all jumbo lip crayons are great - including Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Lip Crayons! This lip crayon has a lightweight, gel like consistency that makes it extra easy to apply. The Gelly Hi Shine formula is quite hydrating without being heavy, making it super comfortable. Alpha offers opaque color payoff in just one layer, and it really lasts! This lip color lasts three or four hours, fading away evenly - transferring is minimal, and it never slips out of the lip line. Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Lip Crayons have a light, cherry vanilla scent and no flavor.
Alpha, formerly known as Cherry Red, is a bright, warm red with a gorgeous glossy finish. Alpha has the perfect, subtle orange tinge to it - just enough to warm up the color without pushing it towards coral territory.
I really like Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Lip Crayon in Alpha! The formula is great - moisturizing, great payoff, and decent longevity. Alpha is a beautiful, bright, shiny, tomato-y red. I wish Barry M would repackage their Gelly Hi Shine crayons into twist up tubes; I don't reach for this jumbo lip crayon as much as I'd like to because I hate sharpening it! I definitely recommend Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Lip Crayons! 


Ingredients:
N/A

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me.

1 comment