Montagne Jeunesse Manuka Honey Peel Off Masque Review

"Busy bees have collected nectar from the manuka bushes of New Zealand to help create Montagne Jeunesse Honey Peel Off Masque; fragrant jasmine is also added to this natural cleanser." Montagne Jeunesse Peel Off Masque comes in a 10ml (.3 fl oz) sachet that sells for about $2 at drugstores, major retailers, and Ulta. I received this face mask for review, courtesy of Influenster. Montagne Jeunesse is cruelty free, and though this honey infused mask can't be considered vegan, it is certified vegetarian. This product was made in the UK.

Montagne Jeunesse's face masks come in colorful, appealing foil pouches. The Manuka Honey Peel Off Masque comes in a golden, honey comb printed packet with a women wearing the mask, and some flowers over her eyes (??) on the front. The back of the sachet offers directions, and an ingredient list. Packaging is recyclable.

The Manuka Honey Peel Off Masque is a thick, yellow gel that can be difficult to spread over the skin in an even layer. Montagne Jeunesse recommends leaving this mask on for fifteen to twenty minutes, but it dries in half that time. The Manuka Honey Peel Off Masque is the first mask I've ever tried that peels off in one or two pieces, instead of several smaller ones - do you know how satisfying that is?! This mask arrived at just the right time. I've been feeling peel off masks lately, and my skin has been going through some tough times. A cleanser really irritated my skin and broke me out horrible, and my skin is taking it's sweet time to heal. I was hoping that the honey in this mask would help clean and heal my acne, seeing as it's a natural antiseptic that's been used to treat wounds for ages. I can't say that Montagne Jeunesse's Manuka Honey mask was helpful for my problematic skin (I only got two applications out of this packet). but it did yield some results. This peeling mask was mildly hydrating and firming, while providing mild exfoliation during the peeling process. This face mask is heavily fragranced with honey and jasmine, which is pleasant, but the scent lingers for several hours after use.

Montagne Jeunesse's Manuka Honey Peel Off Masque is alright. I prefer it over Freeman's peeling masks, which are goopy and take a lifetime to dry. For a gel mask, the Manuka Honey Peel Off Masque is pretty easy to apply and remove, This product won't deliver amazing results, but its a nice, occasional treat for you and your skin. I'm not going to repurchase this exact mask, but it definitely opened me up to Montagne Jeunesse and I look forward to trying more from the brand - I got my eye on the Super Fruit Mud mask next!





Ingredients:

Purified Water, Polyvinyl alcohol, PVP, Parfum (fragrance,) Propylene glycol, Xanthan gum (Natural thickener), Caprylyl glycol, Caramel, Honey, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf extract, Sorbitol, Aesculus hippocastanum (Horsechestnut) seed extract, Anthemis nobilis (Chamomile) flower extract, Vanilla planifolia (Vanilla) fruit extract, Jasminum officinale (Jasmine) flower extract, Phenoxyethanol, Cl 19140 (Yellow) 5), CI 14700 (Red 4).

Disclosure:
This product was sent to me for review by Influenster. My opinions were not influenced by Montagne Jeunesse, Influenster, or any other third parties. This post contains affiliated links/referral codes. 

3 comments

  1. I love Montagne Jeunesse facials! I grab one for myself as a treat every month or two. I haven't tried this particular peel off mask yet, but I think it will be my next!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it! (And welcome back, its good to see your blog up and running again)

      Delete
  2. Do these bees speak kiwi? Cause then they'd probs call it nictar

    ReplyDelete