February 2015 Ipsy Bag - #IpsyLove




 Happy Valentines Day, friends! I got a little treat in the mail today - my Ipsy Bag! I got my bag on Valentines Day last year as well. ^_^ The theme this month, #ipsylove, is really appropriate, because I'm pleased as punch with this bag. Shipping was timely, and everything arrived safe and sound. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, this is a $10/month beauty subscription service that sends 4-6 samples and full sized products to you in a new bag.

This month, Ipsy sent out eighteen products from sixteen brands - a good mix of old and new partnerships.

New Partnerships: Cargo Cosmetics, Joya, Luxie Beauty, China Glaze, Emite Make Up, Hada Labo, Medusa's Makeup, Pencil Me In

Repeat Partnerships: ModelCo, Tini Beauty, City Color, Demeter, Eva NYC, Glam Glow, Hey Honey, Mitchell&Peach, NYX

Click through to see what came in February's Bag.

 This month's bag is pretty nice. A fuchsia, pouch style bag with a white, grey, and fuchsia diamond pattern on the front panel of the bag. The zipper and lining are also fuchsia. I don't think I'll hold on to this bag, but I do think it was one of the best ones they've sent out in a while, probably since October.
 Rob Scheppy for Tini Beauty Eyeshadow in Pearl Fizz 
Full Size - $12 

My Thoughts:
This champagne colored single shadow is a little darker than I expected, but its beautiful! A great all over color, or a perfect highlight. This eyeshadow has a wonderful, smooth texture and its pigmented as HECK. This shadow is sold alone, for $12, or part of the eight pan Rob Scheppy for Tini Beauty Palette, which costs $39.50 

The Claims:
The must-have shimmering beige powder shadow from the palette designed for 'Tini Beauty by Hollywood makeup artist Rob Scheppy. Creative force behind Kim Kardashian's most memorable looks, Rob crafted Pearl Fizz as the perfect shade to highlight brow bones, add dimension to lids and illuminate the eyes.

The Offer:
40% off + $5 Shipping + Free Nail Polish from tinibeauty.com with code IPSYEYES. exp 3/31/15
 ModelCo. Blush in Peach Bellini 
Deluxe Sample (3.5g) - $9.40 
Full Size (8g) - $22 

My Thoughts:
This ModelCo. Blush is a gorgeous peachy coral with a wonderful, soft, pigmented formula. I haven't tried any ModelCo. products before, but this blush is leaving me with a good first impression.

The Claims:
ModelCo’s BLUSH Cheek Powder creates a beaming, rosy glow to brighten every complexion. The micronized color pigments and luxurious, pressed powder delivers a sheer, natural radiance that lasts all day.

The Offer:
20% Off + Free Shipping on orders over $39 at modelcosmetics.com with code IPSY20. exp 3/31/15
 Joya Composition #1 Parfum Oil 
Deluxe Sample (1.5ml) - $4.50
Full Size (10ml) - $30

My Thoughts
 I'm not a big fan of this scent, its a powdery floral, so I'll be passing this on to someone else, likely my Mum. 

The Claims:
JOYA Composition No. 1 is a luscious perfume oil in a beautiful and convenient roll-on travel-sized bottle: fruity, floral, creamy, citrus, a little musk, a lot refreshing. Perfume oil, unlike traditional alcohol-based fragrances, whispers instead of screaming. JOYA parfum realizes the true essences of its top, heart and drydown notes and gently absorbs on the skin of each wearer, making for an intimate and personal experience. 

Composition No. 1 interacts with your own chemistry and smells different on everyone and is sure to make an impression. 

Top Notes: sparkling Italian mandarin, Brazilian orange and fresh quince.
Heart Notes: heliotrope petals, tuberose, jasmine, camellia and Damask rose. 
Drydown: creamy sandalwood, pale musk and a hint of tonka bean.

No Offer
 Cargo Lip Gloss in Anguilla
Deluxe Sample (4.5ml) - ?
Full Size  (2.5ml) - $16 

My Thoughts:
I'm extremely confused about this product's value and how much gloss it actually contains. The sticker on the bottom of my tube says this gloss contains 4.5 ml...but the full size is listed as being only 2.5ml on multiple websites. I don't understand? Anyway, I've never tried anything from Cargo Cosmetics before, but have heard good things about their products, especially from Jennifer Wan

The Claims:
A new generation of Cargo’s lip gloss. Its super high shine gloss delivers intense color payoff and locks in moisture to keep lips feeling hydrated. This longwearing lip gloss has a slick texture that feels creamy gliding over lips without being sticky. Ingredients such as Vitamin E and Jojoba Seed oil help increase lip moisture and decrease the appearance of furrows around the mouth while increasing lip volume to its maximum fullness.

No Offer

Luxie Beauty Large Angled Face Brush 
Full Size - $16

My Thoughts:
I'm so happy I got this brush! I love it! Its soft, its fluffy, and its cute!! Plus it bumps up the value of my bag.

The Claims:
The Luxie Rose Gold Large Angled Face Brush is a 100% Animal Cruelty Free brush with high quality synthetic hair bristles that are soft to the touch. With its Vegan makeup qualities from bristles to ferrule, this Rose Gold brush is a must have in your makeup collection. 

Coated with a revolutionary antibacterial solution for minimal brush cleansing, your brush remains fresh and clean for longer periods of time. The density of the brush allows for an even application without any wasted product and does not absorb the product into the bristles.

The Offer:
30% off any Luxie product at luxiebeauty.com with code ipsy30. exp 3/31/15
                                                                                                                      

Total Value of my February Ipsy Bag:
$50~ 

February's Glam Bag was great. I love four of the five products, and the value is high as well. I'm a little confused by the Cargo gloss though. Hopefully I can solve that mystery. This is the kind of bag that I subscribe to Ipsy for - trying products from brands I'm unfamiliar with, or haven't even heard of. I'm really happy to see that they started a lot of new partnerships this month, and I hope it stays that way in the upcoming months. What came in your February Ipsy Bag? 







Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. I tried that lip gloss since i got it too; and i'm so disappointed. it clung to any tiny flake of dead skin on my lips, which i've never seen before. :( and the colour was really unflattering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks! I haven't tried it yet, but now I'm worried!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...