Eyeko Black Magic Drama&Curl Mascara Review




 Eyeko says "Transform your lashes with the power of Black Magic! Designed for after-hours seduction, our ultimate mascara creates drama, volume and curl, with an extreme carbon black finish for a full bodied lash fringe.The curvaceous helix brush for full lash contact, lifts, curls and volumises for clump-free, thicker, longer lashes with long-lasting curl and hold. The formula is enriched with a conditioning keratin and shea butter botanical blend for long-term lash care and superior staying-power that’s easy to remove when you want to." This mascara contains 9ml (.29 oz) and sells for $24. Eyeko does not test on animals. This mascara was made in America.


 Eyeko's Mascara has unique packaging. This mascara comes in my favorite type of cosmetic packaging - a squeeze tube!! The Eyeko logo and product name are printed on the front of the tube. A product description can be found on the back. Black Magic has a long, traditional bristled brush that curves gently. This brush fits my eye shape nicely, combing through top and bottom lashes with ease.
 Eyeko's Black Magic Mascara promises long, dramatic, curled lashes and it DON'T DO NONE OF THAT. Black Magic has a jet black, heavy, wet formula that builds up fast - just one or two coats will give you dramatic but disappointing lashes. This moist mascara dries down to be quite heavy, dry, and crunchy, it feels really uncomfortable. Eyeko's Black Magic gives me absolutely no length at all, in fact it makes my lashes look quite stubby. This mascara adds a fair bit of volume with very little clumping. Though its billed as a curling mascara, Black Magic does the exact opposite of lift and curl my lashes - it straightens out my curled lashes, and even causes some to point straight down. Even if I curl my lashes after the mascara is dry, my lashes still fall flat. The good news is that Eyeko's Black Magic Mascara wears very well; about nine hours without any flaking, smudging, or smearing. This mascara proves difficult to remove, even with an oil based remover.
[what is this?]
I'm not a fan of Eyeko's Black Magic Mascara, it didn't do a single good thing for my eyelashes. No length, no lift, too heavy to hold a curl. I think Black Magic has some redeeming qualities, its long wearing, and I love the packaging and wand. I'm not going to finish off my tube of Black Magic, and based off my experience, I wouldn't recommend it either. If you do try Eyeko's Black Magic Mascara, I wish you and your lashes the best of luck. 



Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba (Beeswax/Cire d’abeille), Ozokerite,Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Carnauba Wax), Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Stearic Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, PEG-14M, Isobutylene/Sodium Maleate Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Simethicone,Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Chlorphenesin, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Oleth-10, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.

May Contain: CI 77499 (Iron Oxide Black/Oxyde De Fer), CI 77266 (Carbon Black).

Leave a Comment

  1. Someone I work with recommended this mascara to no end, so I bought a small tube of it that also came with their brow gel. I haven't tried it yet, but now I'm afraid to! She absolutely raved about the stuff and I'm always on the hunt for a good mascara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can't hurt to try once or twice. Maybe you'll have a better experience. :3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...