Revlon HD Tourmaline HD Lip Lacquer Review+Swatches




Revlon says "lip lacquer goes HD with our innovative, wax free gel technology. Get true color clarity, vivid high-impact shine, and a bouncy lightweight free. Available in 15 high definition shades." I have HD Tourmaline, which I received in Target's Winter Beauty Box. These new lip lacquers sell for around ten bucks at the drugstore. Revlon is not cruelty free. This product was made in the USA.

Revlon's HD Lip Lacquers have pretty basic packaging; they come in long, clear, plastic, rectangular tubes that are absolutely plain. The silver cap features a small Revlon logo and clear plastic jewel on top. Not a fan of this little detail, I think it looks a little cheap and childish. Attached to this 'bejeweled' cap is a short, stiff brush application that I am not a fan of. This lacquer is too thick for this style of applicator. The brush lacks precision and makes applying an even layer of product a real challenge.
Revlon's HD Lip Lacquers are thick, gooey, and sticky - they're the kind of glosses that feel (and look) like they're gluing your lips together. Revlon says the HD Lip Lacquers are "lightweight" and "bouncy", but I've experienced pretty much the exact opposite - HD Tourmaline feels tacky and almost suffocatingly heavily on the lips. HD Tourmaline is incredibly pigmented and will deliver full color coverage in just one coat. I get incredibly wear from this thick lip lacquer! The initial layer of this lip color has a tendency to transfer onto cups, straws, and teeth, so it'll only last an hour or so; but the residual stain lasts FOREVER! I'm talking six, seven hours here! Revlon's HD Lip Lacquers have a mild vanilla scent and no noticeable flavor.
HD Tourmaline is a blindingly bright, cool toned pink with plentiful, fine silver shimmer. This lip color has an intense, patent leather like finish. This is a total Barbie lip color. After the glossy finish wears away, HD Tourmaline remains true to color, but with a matte finish. This color isn't as my style at all, I think it looks truly horrific against my pale skin and red hair.
Revlon's HD Lip Lacquers have strong pros and con. This lacquer feels terrible on my lips, but wow does it offer some serious staying power and payoff! HD Tourmaline is not for me, but if you want the look of perfect, plastic Barbie lips - look no further! I think $10 is a little pricey for a Revlon lip product, but I'm tempted to say that its fair, considering the color lasts pretty much all day. Personally, I won't be holding on to Revlon's HD Tourmaline, nor will I be trying anymore of the HD Lip Lacquers, I just can't stand how thick the formula is. If you don't mind a tacky gloss, these may be worth trying. The HD Lip Lacquers aren't awful, they're just not for me. 



Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Silica Silylate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Bis-(C12-14 Alkyl PPG-2) Hexamethylenedurea Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Silica, Octyldodecanol, Fragrance, BHT, Benzoic Acid, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Tin Oxide (CI 77861)

Leave a Comment

  1. Thanks so much for this review! They look fantastic, but I can't stand gooey, tacky lip products. I'll be passing on them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. This is by far the gooiest lip product I have ever met. D: Glad I could save you the $10.

      Delete
  2. 6-7 hours is not forever ;-;

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...