Besame Brightening Violet Powder Review




Besame Brightening Violet Powder is a "translucent violet powder that brightens any skin tone. The finely milled formula sets makeup beautifully, leaving behind a soft, matte finish and a subtle violet fragrance, Wear it alone, over foundation, or around eye to instantly lighten dark circles." This vintage themed, violet tinted powder contains 6 grams (.21 oz) of product and sells for $22 at Sephora or on the brand's wesbite. Besame Cosmetics is cruelty free. This loose powder was made in the USA.

Besame Brightening Violet Powder  Box
 Besame's Brightening Violet Powder has beautiful, vintage inspired packaging. The hexagonal cardboard box features images of violets, my favorite flowers. Inside is a small, round, red and yellow compact (recently repackaged to be lilac and yellow). The lovely Besame logo is printed on the front of the twist off lid. Inside the circular compact is a well of product with a sifter with a flip top cap to prevent spillage. Besame also included a tiny powder puff, which I don't use, but I keep it in the compact because its just too cute. This product's packaging is brilliant - its elegant yet very functional. Packaging is recyclable - not that I ever want to toss it out!
Besame Brightening Violet Powder  Old Packaging
The Brightening Violet Powder is one of Besame's bestsellers, and I completely understand why. This loose powder is incredibly light, soft, and finely milled. Brightening Violet Powder's effect is equally as wonderful as it's texture. Besame's powder has a very subtle lilac tint to it that has subtle but noticeable brightening effect, with a soft, demi-matte finish on the skin. On top of it's lovely illuminating qualities, Besame's Brightening Violet Powder also has the ability to blur pores and other fine textural inconsistencies. The Brightening Violet Powder has a very skin like finish to it, it never looks dry, flaky, or cakey. I typically dust this powder under my eyes with a wispy fan brush like Bdellium Tools 925 Duet Fiber Fan Brush, but I also like pressing it on all over with a flat powder brush to set my foundation flawlessly. The Brightening Violet Powder doesn't seem to do much for controlling oil or extending the wear of my makeup, but it does prevent my under eye concealer from creasing. This loose powder has a light, perfume-y violet fragrance to it, which is unnecessary, but lends it's self to the vintage feel of the product.
 Besame's Brightening Violet Powder is a translucent, matte, pastel lilac. If you're not well versed in color correcting techniques and are wondering why someone would want or need a purple tonted powder, let me explain. Lilac tones are used to cancel out yellow tones in the complexion, and brighten sallow, dull skin. Don't be intimated by Besame's Brightening Violet Powder, it doesn't show up purple on the skin, the color is entirely transparent. Though Besame claims this powder is suit everyone, I have to disagree. I feel like this pastel loose powder could look ashy on deep skin tones.
Besame Brightening Violet Powder  Swatch
Besame's Brightening Violet Powder is a great loose setting powder that mattifys and brightens, while evening out the skin tone. This powder has an excellent texture, its so finely milled and high quality. Speaking of quality, have you seen this product's packaging? Its so well designed! Would I repurchase? I'm not entirely sure yet, maybe. I think I want to try Besame's Brightening Vanilla Powder, the newly released, yellow toned counterpart to the Violet Powder. If you want to try a lilac colored setting powder, or to treat yourself to a unique and beautifully packaged product, I recommend Besame's Brightening Violet Powder. 


Ingredients:
Mica, Silica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Talc, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Squalane, Octyl Palmitate, Zinc Oxide, Methicone, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance. May Contain (+/–): Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Ultramarines (CI77007).

Leave a Comment

  1. I have a few besame products and they are lovely! I'm obsessed with vintage cosmetics and gabriel hernandez is truly a fountain of knowledge; her line reflects that! I'm thinking of placing an order in the near future.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is all I've purchased from Besame so far, but I swatched a ton of their products (including the cream blush you recommended a few months ago) at IMATS, and everything seems so fantastic. The textures and pigmentation levels are so rich! What are you thinking about picking up?

      Delete
  2. I remember getting this one n.n

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...