Should I Complain? Ulta Pür Minerals Gift with Purchase




 I placed an Ulta order on November 22, just planning to pick up a few basics that I was out of, or running low on. They happened to be offering a four piece Pür Minerals gift with purchase on $40+ orders, so I grabbed it. When my order finally arrived yesterday, December 2, the Big Look Mascara sample arrived, but the lip gloss and two skincare items were replaced with a blush and lip liner. The four piece set that was meant to arrive with my order is on the included packing slip, and is also still in stock on Ulta's website, so I don't believe that they ran out and had to replace it with other products. That alone is bad enough, but both the blush and lip liner I was sent are discontinued products. I haven't tried the Mineral Blush in Candlelit Glow, but the Lip Pencil in Plum Cerite's twist mechanism is broken, and the product smells expired. Had this been an item I paid for, I'd definitely be contacting Ulta's customer service, but I'm not sure if I should complain, considering this is a free gift with purchase. What do yinz think?

Leave a Comment

  1. Definitely complain. Giving you things that you didn't order isn't good business practice. Just sent their customer service an email to see what they can do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd complain too, I'd understand if they ran out to substitute but sending expired and discontinued products is pretty shady...and I'm not normally one to complain but I have/will complain about products that have seemed to have gone bad! They shouldn't even send that out! I bet their customer service will do something. Let us know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update - I did send a politely worded complaint. I'll post again with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outcome - now banned from all Ulta stores worldwide.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...