Benefit Rockateur Box o Powder Review+Swatches




Benefit's Rockateur Box o Powder will help you "pick up the beat with a rush of heat! This rockin' rose gold cheek powder gives famously provocative flush that turns heads on stage and off. The crowd will go wild for it's sexy, faceted design, accented in luxe gold!." Rockateur is the newest addition to Benefit's Box o Powder range. This powder has a different formula (partially baked, or something like that), that makes this powder blush denser, and supposedly more pigmented. Each box of Rockateur contains 5 grams of product, compared to the usual 8 to 12 grams in most of Benefit's blushes. The change in size doesn't affect the price though, Rockateur sells for $28. Benefit is not cruelty free. This blush was made in France. 
Like all of Benefit's products, Rockateur is beautifully presented. This powder blush comes in a cardboard box with a purposefully tacky gold snake print with black and pink lace detailing. Opening the box, you'll find a decent sized mirror and a rounded, natural bristle brush. The full size of Rockateur is quite fancy in the pan, the word Rock is embossed into the powder, with a shimmery over spray. My deluxe sample, which came as part of Benefit's Rockitude Lip&Cheek Kit, has Rock pressed into it, and it lacks the glitter over spray.
Benefit's Box o Powders are world famous for a reason! They're some of the best blushes and bronzers out there. Rockateur is a firm, yet velvety soft and smooth powder that creates absolutely no kick up. This blush blends perfectly, creating a lovely, natural effect. Rockateur isn't powerfully pigmented, in fact it can go on quite sheer, but it can be built up in layers if you'd like. Benefit's Rockateur is actually a multi-functional powder, at least on light skin tones. On someone as fair as myself, Rockateur makes a lovely, neutral, natural blush, or an extremely subtle contour powder. This blush wears so well, at least eight hours, with minimal fading. Like all of Benefit's Box o Powders, Rockateur has a soft, slightly floral scent to it.
Rockateur is my new, go-to blush - it's all I've worn for weeks! Benefit calls Rockateur a rose gold. This isn't quite a rose gold shade to me, but close. I'd call Rockateur a warm, rosy pink with a tan tinge to it. This blush has some fine gold shimmer to it's that's more apparent in the pan than on the skin - once applied, Rockateur has a satiny finish to it. This blush is just so gorgeous yet subtle - I can't get enough. Unfortunately, I think Rockateur may be too light for medium to deep skin.
[on cheeks]
I love Benefit's Rockateur! This bush has a wonderfully smooth texture that helps it apply perfectly. This isn't the most pigmented blusher that I own, but its buildable. This neutral, rosy color is extremely flattering on my fair skin. I haven't used any other blush all month, and I don't think I will for a while - Rockateur is all I need! I'll almost definitely repurchase this blush, and I can't recommend it enough! 




Ingredients:
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer , Glycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Parfum (fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 80, Limonene, 1,2-hexanediol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Ptfe, Dimethicone, Benzyl Salicylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chondrus Crispus (carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citral, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Eugenol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Tocopherol, Bht. [+/-: Ci 15850 (red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (blue 1 Lake), Ci 45410 (red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 77007 (ultramarines), Ci 77163 (bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77288 (chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (titanium Dioxide)

Leave a Comment

  1. I love how natural that looks on you. I got the Cheeky box of blushes for Christmas and I think Rockateur is one of the ones included. I like your eye look too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rockateur is included in the set, and its full size! And thank you, its pretty much just MAC Cranberry blended out with a little bit of Satin Taupe.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mary, I'm Louise Douglas, one of the fairly new co-hosts on Wakeup Wednesday linky. I want to congratulate you for being featured this week, you rock! You rock so much that I'm your new follower on your social media platforms. I hope you have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I amost forgot to tell you how much I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being featured on Wake Up Wednesdays linky party! Check it out here- http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2014/12/wake-up-wednesday-linky-49.html and don't forget to grab the 'Featured Badge'.

    Happy New Year!

    -Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to both of you! I was so excited to featured!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...