November 2014 Ipsy Bag - Girl Meets Glitter

 As soon as I caught up with the Ipsy Bags I missed while I was away my November one arrived! I apologise for the recent barrage of Ipsy posts, but they should be done til December now. This is the best Ipsy Bag I've received in a while, actually, probably since July's. If you've never heard of Ipsy before, let me explain real quick - this is a monthly subscription service that sends you a small makeup bag filled with four to six beauty products. This month, Ipsy sent out 23 products from 21 brands.

New Partnerships: SeaRx, Temptu, CK One, Elizabeth Arden, Love&Beauty by Forever21, It Cosmetics, L.A. Colors, Laura Mercier, Rouge Underground,

Repeat Partnerships: Be a Bombshell, ClariSea, Elizabeth Mott, Be Delectable, Marc Anthony, Demeter, Glam Glow, Nicole by OPI, Starlooks, Tarte, Wet n Wild

Click through to see what came in my November Bag.

 This month's bag was made by Forever21. Its a nicer bag than I thought it'd be. From the photos, I thought it'd be that rough, glittery material. Instead, this pouch is a shiny, vinyl with silver glittery material underneath. The zipper is bright pink. This shimmery bag has a silky black lining, featuring the Forever21 logo. Its a nice bag, just not my style, its a little two juvenile, and distinctly Forever21-y (which I'm not always against).
 Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray
Travel Size (1.5 fl oz) - $1.60
Full Size (8.8 fl oz) - $8.99
My Thoughts:
Eh, I don't really need a hairspray right now, so I'm going to pass this on. Packaging is nice though. I'm happy to say, this is my only disappointment in November's bag. 


The Claims:
Get extra volume, shine and hold with this dual purpose hairspray; nourishing and styling in one! This argan oil, keratin and grape seed oil infused hairspray gives you strong and flexible hold plus deep nourishment, strengthening and conditioning as you style. 

The non-water based, fast drying formula freeze-frames your volume and hold without stickiness or flaking and it’s flexible finish creates workable styles for easy re-styling without crunch or heavy build-up. It creates a luminous finish and shields against humidity for longer lasting styles. Sun Protectors keep the sun and other elements from damaging your full bodied mane. What more could you want from a hairspray?

No Offer

 Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive 
Full Size - $14

My Thoughts:
Still tired of getting Be a Bombshell products, but never tired of trying new cream eyeshadows. This 'Eye Base' is a lovely bronzey shade, and it seems to have an easy to work with consistency. Definitely looking forward to this.


The Claims:
This eye base is a highly pigmented, long-lasting product that can be used as a single cream color or used as an eye base to build color.

No Offer

Temptu S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl 
Sample (3ml) - $2.75
Full Size (30ml) $27.50

My Thoughts:
Its not often that I get a highlighter in an Ipsy bag, and I'm always game to try a new one. I never really planned on trying any Temptu products, because I associate the brand so strongly with airbrushing, but their S/B Highlighter can be used without an airbrush. The color of this liquid illuminator is truly stunning, a pearlescent, barely pink tinged hue, its a sight to see!
The Claims:
A cult favorite of makeup artists around the globe, TEMPTU S/B Highlighter is the perfect product that goes on sheer for an overall illuminating and contouring effect. Light-reflecting and transfer resistant, S/B Highlighter glides on effortlessly for a brilliant complexion boost that contours to highlight your best features.

The Offer:
25% off any temptu.com purchase with code IPSY. exp 12/31/14

 J.Cat Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion
Full Size - $5
My Thoughts:
Usually I'd be cross to see a J.Cat Beauty product in my Ipsy bag, but their brand new Wonder Lip Paints have been all the rage lately. They've been touted to be dupes for the OCC Lip Tars, so I'm excited to try this out. The shade I received, Red Potion, is a gorgeous burgundy that I'll wear often, provided I like the formula.

The Claims:
For invincible color and impeccable wear, the Wonder Lip Paint serves justice! With the twofold blend of endurance and delivery of intense pigmentation, this will become your heroine of lip colors. Paint your lips to perfection for your day and nighttime adventures!

The Offer:
25% off jcatbeauty.com purchases with code 25JCAT. ex 12/31/14

Elizabeth Mott You're so Fine Liquid Eyeliner
Full Size - $17.99 

My Thoughts:
I seem to get along well with Elizabeth Mott's products that I've tried so far, so I expect to like this liquid liner. Its a black shade with a fair about of shimmer to it. The formula seems a little thin, but I haven't tried it on the eye yet, where it may perform better. I think the packaging is great as well, cute, a little flashy, but still practical. 

The Claims:
It’s not just any liquid eyeliner. With you’re so FINE’s micro-tipped brush, you can control your strokes to create dramatic, and sharp cat eyes! This brush is so control friendly that creating precise, symmetrical lines is ridiculously easy, so it’s perfect for first time liquid eyeliner users too.

The specialized, quick drying formula has intense, inky pigmentation that’s waterproof, meaning it lasts all day without smudging. Just in time for the holidays, the super flirty Glitterati formula will make you the center of attention. All eyes on you, gorgeous! 

The Offer:
50% off elizabethmott.com orders with code IPSYFINE. exp 1/10/15
                                                                                                                         
Total Value of my November Ipsy Bag:
$41.34

I hesitate to call this a truly great bag, because it has all of the repeat brands that I'm kinda over...but they're exciting products from brands that I'm tired of! For the first time in a while, Ipsy has sent me four whole makeups! The value is pretty good as well. The bag, while not for me, is decent, and it was interesting to see Ipsy partner with Forever21. A good month in my book. 






Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

6 comments

  1. I got the same exact bag as you! I'm excited to give the wonder lips stuff a whirl! I have a small occ lip tar and eh, it doesn't dry down well. We'll see if I like J cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I hope you're enjoying your bag. I've tried the J.Cat Wonder Lip Paint once so far and feel pretty neutral about it.

      Delete
  2. I loved my IPSY bag this month too! I didn't get the exact same products as you, I got the eye liner and the highlighter like you did. Overall, I thought my bag this month was one of the best ever and was delighted! I've used that Temptu highlihter before in another shade and I really like it. I wish I had gotten that lip tar as I have heard a lot of hype about it too. I have the OCC one and wonder how it compares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! J.Cat's Wonder Lip Paints seem to be pretty easily available at drugstores and even Ulta now, so hopefully you can track them down and give them a shot.

      Delete