Sydney Adventures - Week 5 - Engagement Party




 The first half of my week was completely uneventful, but from Thursday on, I was a busy little bunny. Click through to see what I did this week.

On Thursday we went out to a restaurant called Mary's in Newtown, a part of Sydney I'd never been to before. We met up with two friends and split a couple chickens. We met one friend's new girlfriend, who was lovely. I hope to explore more of Newtown in the future! 
On Friday I had another new experience - a rotating sushi bar! Dean&I went to Sushi Bay in Blacktown, The experience was novel, the prices were reasonable, and the food was good! I had so much sashimi - probably too much! Even Dean, who isn't too big on sushi, enjoyed their tuna nigiri. 
 Saturday was all around delightful. In the morning, we did some home shopping a Poco and Harvey Norman. We didn't pick up much, but I did find some coffee mugs with cherries on it, for just a buck each! We were given a scratch ticket at the checkout and I won a $10 voucher! We're going back to pick up a set of silverware or maybe some kitchen tools!
 That night we had our engagement party! Dean's father took us, his parents and girlfriend, and Dean's sister and boyfriend to a nice Italian restaurant. I had some awesome chicken fettuccine. Dean's grandparents gave me a beautiful, simple, gold bracelet to commemorate the occasion.
 Today we went to the Art Gallery of New South Wales, which had an impressive collection! I still prefer the Carnegie Museum of Art in Pittsburgh though. Either way, it was a great way to spend an afternoon - plus its free! We took a stroll through the Royal Botanical Gardens, a beautiful park in the middle of the city. Dean&I took the ferry from Circular Quay to Parramatta, which was pleasant but took longer than I expected. I got to see all the beautiful, posh neighborhoods that I aspire to live in one day. I took a ton of photos. On the downside, I got sunburn. =(
Just a couple other tidbits: 

Dean&I have started watching Archer, and we love it! The sense of humor is right up both our allies. I found the fact that H. Jon Benjamin uses the exact same voice for both Archer and Bob Belcher a little disturbing at first, but now that I'm past it, I'm loving this series.

After a year, we finally got my engagement ring resized and it fits! They had to take it down seven sizes, and they cleaned it up so nicely. I'm so excited to wear it! 



Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...