Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment Review




 Macadamia's Healing Oil Treatment is a "therapeutic hair oil for all textures that instantly absorbs into hair and scalp, weightlessly infusing moisture, softness, protection and shine. Especially beneficial to hair in need of hydration." Macadamia goes on to list five claims:

  • Intense nourishment for tangle & frizz free hair
  • Instantly absorbs and penetrates; lightweight & non-greasy
  • Leaves hair ultra-smooth, manageable & shiny
  • Includes natural UV protection to extend the life of color treatments
  • Reduces drying time by 40-50%
The Healing Oil Treatment is available in three sizes with varying price points. From largest to smallest, this oil is available in 125ml ($39.95), 30ml ($13.50), and 10ml ($6.50). I received the tiny 10ml bottle as an Ulta Points reward. Macadamia Hair does not test on animals. This hair oil was made in America.


I don't love this hair oil's packaging, it comes in a semi-opaque brown glass bottle with a twist off cap. The bottle has an open pour spout, making it difficult to control the amount of oil you're dispensing. The larger options have a pump. A bright green label wraps around the bottle, offering the product name on the front, and directions and ingredients on the back. This little bottle is recyclable.
Macadamia's Healing Oil Treatment is a yellow, moderately viscous blend of dimethicone, argan oil, macadamia oil, vitamin e (and more, of course). Macadamia recommends emulsifying a quarter sized amount between your hands, and applying it from scalp to ends, on wet or dry hair. I prefer applying this oil on wet hair, personally. I run this oil through the length of my hair, and on the tips of my fringe about twice a week, and after several weeks of use I'm ready to share my results. This oil infuses a fair amount of moisture into my normal, henna colored hair, helping to detangle and prevent future knots.However, I do not notice any other significant benefits. This oil does not make my hair greasy, unless I apply it directly to the scalp, and even then, it seems to only affect my bangs. In the hair, or on the scalp, this oil absorbs quite quickly. Macadamia claims that this oil will reduce drying time, but I haven't really noticed that. This hair oil has a strong, cologne-y scent that lingers in the hair for a couple hours.

Macadamia's Healing Oil Treatment isn't the miracle hair oil I've heard it made out to be. That being said, it keeps my hair smooth, hydrated, and manageable. Those with oily hair or scalps probably won't be interested in Macadamia's oil, but this oil can be a treat for normal to dry hair. I'll finish off my tiny bottle, but wouldn't repurchase. I recommend Renaissance Henna's Bhringraj oil over this argan and macadamia blend. 



Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Temifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexylcinnamal, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Coumarin, Linalool, Limonene

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...